Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a little advice. My friend has been having problems with the clutch in her 06 Mustang. She bought this car last summer and had to have the clutch replaced shortly after by the dealer.

Now a few months later her clutch pedal will not hold pressure. The mechanic can bleed the clutch and it will work for a few minutes of driving, then it goes flat again. They replaced the clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder, and lines. At this point it must be the clutch master cylinder, right?

I do not know much about hydraulic clutches, but by my research, that's the only component left to change. I'm going with her tomorrow afternoon to talk to the mechanic, so I want to have a better idea of what we're talking about.

Is it possible there could be a loose fitting that's letting air into the system without leaking fluid?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Im going to guess clutch master cylinder but it should be leaking, though it might just be drops. I went through this recently with my 07 though I didnt have trouble with the pedal losing pressure. Its a bitch to replace.

When it loses pressure is it hard to shift? Does it roll forward slightly when shifting into 1st from a stop?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
At this point it must be the clutch master cylinder, right?
Yes. A MC leak is usually internal so you may not see any sign outside but when fluid leaks out, air leaks in and causes a spongy pedal feel with loss of pressure. This makes it hard (if not impossible) to change gears, and the car may creep forward with the tranny in neutral 'cause the clutch can't disengage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts