Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where they sell new oem or performance clutch/brake pedal assemblies. I've looked all over ebay and only found used. I have a very heavy racing clutch and have burnt through my pedal. I was considering welding it where I want it. I have about 4 inches of play before the clutch engages. The slot where it mounts on to the assembly is rounded out from being old as hell.

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of that before. Do you have a picture? Instead of trying to bring your dying assembly back to life why not pick up a used one in good shape and try to fortify it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me get some coffee in me and then I'll take a few pics. I saw a few on ebay that looked to be in good shape, but I'm apprehensive about paying 150 bucks and having it do the same thing a month down the road.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
99% of the time a heavy clutch pedal is attributed to aftermarket crappy cables. But you say there is slop in the pivot point of the pedal assembly. Id start there as well.
Love the avatar! And my name should still have newbie under it! I had the same issue with the pedal before and just assumed that this is what happened. I heard a clicking when I moved the pedal around (just the play). I just had to adjust the cable, it has a firewall adjuster. :facepalm: So that being said. Does this mean that my cable is getting stretched out?

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
I use a lot of the steeda adj cables and theyve never given me a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts