Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am needing to tighten up my clutch peddle and i need to know if it is a cable or is it hydraulic

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
why it has slack?

its cable i think

and if it has a slack all u need to do is leave it in 1st (car off) and start pressing the clutch (it will click) for a good time...

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
what do you mean by tighten up?
our car uses cable
it does not use a hydraulic system

i hope you know you NEED the free play that your probably talking about
with out any free play your clutch may actually be disengaging slightly while your foot is off the pedal

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
i still dont understand what does he wants

cuz mine will always have a slack and i think it supposed to be like that? cuz it doesnt tightens any more..

and and only 18 wheelers and huge trucks use hydraulic right? :D

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
i still dont understand what does he wants

cuz mine will always have a slack and i think it supposed to be like that? cuz it doesnt tightens any more..

and and only 18 wheelers and huge trucks use hydraulic right? :D
no plenty cars use hydraulic
and trucks as well
18wheelers are different a little
it is hydraulic none the less

but yes you need that slack
once you feel it tighten it should stay at the same pressure all the way through

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i get a squeek from my transmission and when i press my clutch peddle in just slightly not even pressing it to where it disengages the clutch but up to that point....it stops squeeking and i figure if i tighten it up a little it may stop squeeking....but it theres another way to make it stop squeeking the info would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
well the ford manual says that if you pull up on the clutch pedal, (the opposite way ur foot does) that it automatically retentions it. weather or not it actually does this i cannot say because they told me my **** was stretched so far out i needed a new one, so i went and got the steeda 3 piece clutch cable kit. but my clutch pedal sticks out like hella far compared to a ford focus, i dunno if this is normal or not but the dealer sure didn't do anything about it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I just got a new clutch put in acouple months ago n ever since i got it my clutch peddal shakes n rattles, but it only does it sumtimes. Anyone have any idea what it is?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
i have an adjustable clutch installed...i love it, i can tighten or loosen it
you mean adjustable clutch cable?

if the clutch squeeks when pressing it in or out your release bearing is most likely bad
especially if its ONLY when you press the pedal to disengage the clutch then it is the release bearing
its either bad or lacks lubrication

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
give it more gas at that rpm it sounds like it is wanting to die the clutch you got might disengage or engage at a different point than you were used to

·
Registered
740 Posts
na it aint dat cause it will do it sumtime when u just sittin in neutral n rev it, but it always does is when the rpms r dropping not while there goin up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts