Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i took my car to get an oil change because i didnt have time to do it myself. so im getting in the car to leave and feel the clutch and its all squishy and catches in a totally different spot. i just had a brand new clutch, flywheel, tob and pilot bearing in not even 1k miles ago. it also vibrates while driving anybody have any idea of how they messed it up so bad? help is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Do you have a firewall adjuster they might have played with a little not knowing what it was?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Did you or whoever installed your clutch use the OEM clutch pedal adjustment?

If they did it's really easy to accidently reset to the stock position by pulling up on the clutch pedal which could have happened during your oil change.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't have the firewall adjuster maybe they could of rode the clutch out and the cable stretched? And for the Mp4 player I would think so but how do you reset it back?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Cable could of stretched but seems odd right after the oil change. Thats why I dont bring my car to places.

The clutch is now out of adjustment. The vibration isnt good. Theirs a nut on the pivot ball stud in the tranny. The more that vibrates, the better chance itll have to back that bolt out. Which did to me. The fork was hitting the pressure plate. Making a loud banging sound at idle and still when the clutch was pressed (not as loud)

I had to cut down a open ended 7/8 wrench and put my hole arm up in the tranny and guess where the bolt was and tighten it like 1/5 of a turn at a time. Sucked!!

Anyways, just turn the firewall adjuster in all the way, then feel the clutch pedal. Then go back turn it out a few turns. You want like 1/2 of freeplay in the pedal. Meaning if you just tap the clutch pedal with your foot the pedal will bounce alittle.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah just talked to someone else and he said that you pull the pedal all the way out and it self adjust maybe that's what happened I just find it out it happened right after an oil change

1 - 6 of 6 Posts