Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i think i broke my quadrant tonight. i have a spec stage 3 clutch so its pretty stiff. But when i push the pedal in it just makes a loud pop and goes in all the way, and when i release it makes a clicking like the gears are just sliding along the other peice down there. So is my stock quadrant fried?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
thats what it sounds like, the stockers are just weak plastic

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im just not sure how to replace it. i hope i dont have to pull my dash off

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Its not hard at all to change and no you dont have to pull the dash. Do not replace it with stock though, get an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i plan on it. and an adjustable cable too. I dont know how ill fit under it though. Im not very small.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
do your self a favor and pull out your seat. the cotter pins are a little bit of a pain, but their is a spring tha holds the small part of the clutch quadrant on that can be a pain

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see. So when i put the new cable in ill just pull the old one, pull of the quadrant, put the new quad in(which i hope pins right where the stock one goes) and put the cable over the new quad? and the the firewall adjuster and all that too i assume

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
correct, but if you are going with a firewall adjuster, I would just run a stock cable. they are bigger than aftermarket ones and you will have less of a hassle getting everything adjusted

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see, well ill just do that then. So with that i would be able to adjust where the clutch engages on the pedal release?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I see, well ill just do that then. So with that i would be able to adjust where the clutch engages on the pedal release?
yes, and you will be able to do it without having to crawl under the car

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
This article will have a lot of the answers you are looking for: Clutch

I would strongly recommend taking out the seat if you're a larger individual, it'll make life quite a bit easier. Just 4 bolts and the seat belt harness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts