Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night I thought I broke my clutch cable but when I pulled it, it was fine, and the new cable I got does the same thing, just not as easily. When I push the pedal down it begins to pull then suddenly hits the floor and when I let it up it makes a clicking sound. Im kind of thinkin that plastic adjuster has become stripped and I need a new quadrant but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone before and they have any other input.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You can climb under there and check the quadrant teeth. Quadrant is a bit of a pain to change but its something you can do at home.

To readjust you can lift the pedal and that releases the teeth, so maybe you can readjust it and it can catch some good teeth until you get around to the quadrant.

If the quadrant is good there are a few other things. Dog bone cable, and possibly the clutch/pressure plate itself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its deff not the dog bone, I made mine using a solid bolt so its adjustable. I tried looking under the dash but everytime I push it in with my hand it catches and everything works fine. But when my foot pushes it it never catches. And I can't see the teeth cuz everythings in the way.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hmm. I know last time I checked it took quite a maneuver to squeeze in a view, it was also on a 86 so maybe there are some differences in whats down there.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Its going to be the quadrant. If it clicks every time you let up, the teeth are stripped or starting to strip and it will need replaced. Its not too bad of a job.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
+1 quadrant is stripped. Replace it with a solid quadrant and firewall adjuster, works with the stick cable. Just read and follow directions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts