Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone:)
Outta the clear blue sky, while at the stoplight.... my Throw-Out Bearing when out! Yep, it came with the loud squealing noise & everything.

I did some research, read some forums, google it & it says while replacing the TOB, i need to change out the Pilot-Bearing as well. oK thats not big deal! I found a FordRacing TOB & PB on americanmuscle.com:)

My question is.... Do i need to replace the entire clutch kit (pressure place, clutch, resurface the flywheel) too???

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clutch kit is still the original.
Its a 2004 mustangGT so im guess the OEM clutch is 7 yrs old:)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I would upgrade it while your in there if you have the money, thats just me. BUT you should be fine for a while without doing it. Eagle2000GT is Procharged at 165,000+ miles on the stock clutch. He makes 380rwhp. But I dont think he goes to the track a lot.

If you go to the drag strip, especially with sticky tires that does the most wear and tear on the clutch.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
165k with OEM clutch & SC.... WOW!

I hit 80k miles afew weeks ago, so im guessing my clutch is still GOOD. I dont hit the dragstrip at all, its more of a daily driver... about less then 5 miles a day

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Youll be fine then. Unless you want to just throw one in there for peace of mind.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, actually feel better now:)
Well jus gotta wait for the parts to come in now. I was planning to upgrade my clutch in about 2 yrs, when i go SC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts