Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up people is there a way i could add some WD-40 or something to my clutch? It rained and i went over a big puddle and now the clutch feels stiffer.....and i dont know it feels like it sticks and popps when i slowly engage and disengage it. can i add some kinda grease or something to help it glide better.........?:confused:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
oh, then carb/brake cleaner? i know those dry up fast. mine took about 1 hour to go back to normal

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a BBK cable.
Where can I find a thicker cable?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
it has nothing to do with your clutch being wet, theres another problem, the strongest clutch cable is the oem one

·
Registered
55 Posts
it has nothing to do with your clutch being wet,
I agree, it was pure coincidental that it happened like it did.

.....suggestions?
1st I would get someone to assist me, then with the car raised let someone push the clutch in while you or a more experience get under and check things out while the clutch is being worked, also look in the pedal area for worn/damaged parts. what kind of clutch you using?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree, it was pure coincidental that it happened like it did.

1st I would get someone to assist me, then with the car raised let someone push the clutch in while you or a more experience get under and check things out while the clutch is being worked, also look in the pedal area for worn/damaged parts. what kind of clutch you using?

well i had a old king cobra that was FKN stiff and snapped clutch cables. Then i went with this Centerforce DFX and has been great. its not real stiff but I know for a fact that it is streaching the cable. I am runng bbk clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster and cable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts