Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for clutch recommendations for about 600 RWHP for a daily driver with occasional track use. This will be used on a kenne bell 2.2L at around 20 psi.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I love my McLeod, pricey, but incredible pedal feel and will hold a lot of HP/TRQ.
McLeod RST for street use
McLeod RXT for track use.
Many other good ones out there, but McLeod is the only one I have experience with, I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I use a Spec 2+ and have no problems with it..

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking for a twin disc clutch since it will be used mainly on the street. Mcleod RST can hold 800HP at the crank which I am hoping will be enough.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
The Mcleod RST is a really good clutch. I run the Spec Stage 3+ and I've had great luck with it. All depends on how much you want to spend :yes

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I drive my friends spec stage 3 with a tr3650 a couple times a week and I love the way it feels

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drive my friends spec stage 3 with a tr3650 a couple times a week and I love the way it feels

I'm sure that's fun to constantly push in and out in bumper to bumper traffic. That's what I hate about my current clutch which is probably easier to push in than the spec stage 3. Especially after working out my calf cramps up and my whole leg shakes holding the clutch in. The twin disc clutch should help with pedal effort right? Also the clutch needs to be 26 spline.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Centerforce Dual Friction

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I will never recomend this clutch to anyone. Unless I just got a bad one, but mine is rock hard. Ive changed the clutch cable (OEM) quadrant/TOB/Pivot ball stud/clutch fork and it sucks.

Hardhitter, I was going to go with the Ram Powergrip HD.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will never recomend this clutch to anyone. Unless I just got a bad one, but mine is rock hard. Ive changed the clutch cable (OEM) quadrant/TOB/Pivot ball stud/clutch fork and it sucks.

Hardhitter, I was going to go with the Ram Powergrip HD.
That's what I already have and I don't think it will hold the power that I am talking about. It's only rated up to 650HP and I assume that is at the crank and I'm talking about 650+ at the wheels.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I'm sure that's fun to constantly push in and out in bumper to bumper traffic. That's what I hate about my current clutch which is probably easier to push in than the spec stage 3. Especially after working out my calf cramps up and my whole leg shakes holding the clutch in. The twin disc clutch should help with pedal effort right? Also the clutch needs to be 26 spline.
Time to hit the gym and start doing some squats, leg presses, and calve raises :lmao
I daily drove on the Spec Stage 3 for a while in DC traffic. I don't think it ever was that bad.
The Twin disk will help but no matter what it'll still be a cable clutch. Until you go with a Hydraulic setup then you will have to deal with heavy clutches.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time to hit the gym and start doing some squats, leg presses, and calve raises :lmao
Those are exactly the things that after I do them I can't drive the car. After you just destroyed your legs you aren't looking forward to trying to push in a heavy clutch. Try running 13 miles and then driving around in traffic. The RXT claims to have lighter than stock pedal effort.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I daily drove on the Spec Stage 3 for a while in DC traffic. I don't think it ever was that bad.
The Twin disk will help but no matter what it'll still be a cable clutch. Until you go with a Hydraulic setup then you will have to deal with heavy clutches.
I agree it really doesn't bother me. I did a full speed workout with harnesses (I run track) and lifted legs and then drove it into NY. Didnt bother me

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I have the Mcleod RXT and I love it!

Feels just like stock but holds up to wheels-up launches at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Those are exactly the things that after I do them I can't drive the car. After you just destroyed your legs you aren't looking forward to trying to push in a heavy clutch. Try running 13 miles and then driving around in traffic. The RXT claims to have lighter than stock pedal effort.
:lmao That's funny man cuz I know exactly how you feel. I make it a point to take the truck when I go to the gym so I don't have to deal with it. Not much of a runner so I can't do that 13 mile ****; I'm more of a lifter and I sprint to cut weight but after an intense Leg day - I don't even want to walk... let alone push a heavy clutch in lol.

Twin disk clutch will definitely help, but what I'm saying is it'll always be heavier than a Hydraulic clutch setup. They are feather light. Unfortunately with the cable, there will always be a little heavy. It is literally night and day between my Stang and my Vette, even when I had my 02 GT with the stock clutch in it. Much heavier than my 750wtq clutch in my Vette.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
But on topic if you don't mind dishing out the cash - the Mcleod is an awesome clutch. I have heard nothing but great things about them. Very easy clutch pedal effort, easy driveability, and able to hold a lot of power. You can't go wrong with that bro!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts