Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 99gt, my second mustang, but it came with a drag pressure plate! 150 pounds and i plan to daily! :crying: i have no clue what flywheel i assume its stock, i was looking at the excedy stage 1 & 2 or the king cobra i dont want to replace the flywheel if possible, i plan on going fi about a year down the road, im going to rebuild around then. any imput is apreeciated

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,541 Posts
I've had good results with my Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and pressure plate.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
The Centerforce Dual Friction I had was pretty grabby, but that's going back quite awhile.

For a very light, daily driver, if you want a stock feel the King Cobra is very popular. However if you're going to boost it later on, you'll probably exceed the grip of it.

A Spec stage 1 or 2 would probably fit the bill as well, depending on how much power you plan on putting down.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I put a Exedy Mach 400 Stage 2 on my Mustang and it feels about the same as stock if not lighter. Works nice and smooth. I plan on Supercharging so it should hold decent power. I suggest getting a new flywheel for insurance. They're pretty cheap if just get a stock one on Rock auto.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,541 Posts
The Centerforce Dual Friction I had was pretty grabby, but that's going back quite awhile.

For a very light, daily driver, if you want a stock feel the King Cobra is very popular. However if you're going to boost it later on, you'll probably exceed the grip of it.

A Spec stage 1 or 2 would probably fit the bill as well, depending on how much power you plan on putting down.
I had the opposite experience. The Spec stage 1 I had installed never worked right and lasted all of four months before I had to replace it. I almost had to stand on the clutch pedal to get it to the floor. My Centerforce is smooth as silk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts