Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running low 9s here? What kind of clutch are you using.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
nope im not, but id imagine a spec clutch setup could do it, ive known someone with a 9 second T/A he was running a triple disk setup

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i dont know anybody running 9's with a manual, most go to auto long before, but theres no reason a spec stage 4, or 5 wouldnt hold the power required to go 9's.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i dont know anybody running 9's with a manual, most go to auto long before, but theres no reason a spec stage 4, or 5 wouldnt hold the power required to go 9's.
very true on alot of people going auto, but ive seen quite a bit of manuels at the track running 9s, spec sells a dual if not triple setup that will handle nines, but the clutch in the 9 second T/A was a nasty clutch, it was streetable depending on how you look at it i guess, it was driven on the street, but its in or out, theres no in between on that clutch

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, I thought lots of you guys were running 9s with just a standard upgraded single disk. I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
lol expecting alot of people to run 9s on a single disc setup, no wonder your dissapointed

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
since its gonna take 500-600 in a stock weight car if not more to run high 9's you are gonna need a great clutch, not too mention a tranny built for that much power.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
lol expecting alot of people to run 9s on a single disc setup, no wonder your dissapointed
a car will run 9's on a single disc no problem. several people have done it, its not hard, it holds pelnty of power, no need for a dual disc at that point.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i was getting at more or less that he expected alot of our cars to be running 9s around here

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
well F8LBITE who posts on here's car went 9's, and he was 6 speed, and i beleave he used a spec 5, other than him, i think possibly me, and the dude with the TT cobra have the closest things to 9's in a 4V on here.

hopefully mine will run 9's without the juice.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
well F8LBITE who posts on here's car went 9's, and he was 6 speed, and i beleave he used a spec 5, other than him, i think possibly me, and the dude with the TT cobra have the closest things to 9's in a 4V on here.

hopefully mine will run 9's without the juice.
you got nines man, when i race your friend with the auto mach, bring your car up to, didnt you argue that a 03 couldnt run 9s consistently or something like that in the thread you made saying you were buying a supra? but im def rooting for single digits for ya

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i said a 03 isnt going to run consistant 9's with a 6 speed, tommy proved it could be done, but he's a driving MOFO, i mean i can drive, but not like that guy.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Ryan, somehow i knew you were going to ask that question here after my thread in the 5.0 section.

Single disc and 9s can be done. NMRA Real Street guys go high 9s with a single disc (but 99% of those guys use proshifted combos). I dont know bro... my current goal is low 10s, on pump gas.. N/A on DRs. If i can do that, i think with a good set of slicks and just a smide of Nitrous, i can go 9s. Im not afraid of using a twin disc, but i'd rather use a single disc to save weight. This is ofcourse, if i go with a manual. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well there have been lots and lots of people running low 10s with just a G-force T-5 and a single plate clutch. You just have to plan on replacing the clutch every 100 or so passes. Anyway, I hope you go with a manual, but an auto is fine too. I love to tear off mid 11s with a stock T5 granny shifting with a 5K dump out of the hole. It makes people raise their eyebrows.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Im really leaning towards a manual. Its just ever since this project came to mind.. i asked myself.. "well, what if i used an auto instead?" Still being able to drive the car on street, i think i would be better off with a 5 speed. We'll see, i need to do a little research about proshifted transmissions. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ram twin disc with the 900 series discs is the only way to go...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts