Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1985 mustang gt and I just put in a new flywheel from o reileys new king cobra clutch kit by valeo and for I went with the 10.5" flywheel so I could get the bigger clutch and when I hooked everything and it would just not engage right so I took it to my mechanic and he said its not fitting into the bellhousing right like somethings to thick. I noticed that the fork did sit all the way back against bellhousing wall in the opening where it comes out. I can't figure out where I went wrong something I put on it too thick? Has anyone heard of this and can tell me where I went wrong? Any help is appreciated!

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
I have an 1985 mustang gt and I just put in a new flywheel from o reileys new king cobra clutch kit by valeo and for I went with the 10.5" flywheel so I could get the bigger clutch and when I hooked everything and it would just not engage right so I took it to my mechanic and he said its not fitting into the bellhousing right like somethings to thick. I noticed that the fork did sit all the way back against bellhousing wall in the opening where it comes out. I can't figure out where I went wrong something I put on it too thick? Has anyone heard of this and can tell me where I went wrong? Any help is appreciated!
IF the fork is all the way back, then something isn't too thick, it's too thin, the fingers come out when the pressure plate moves forward, when the pressure plate moves away from the flywheel, the fingers move in towards the flywheel. You probably have a mismatch of parts or something not tight. Not sure. Get it back apart and check it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
everything seems to be right on the car. i have read that the 86-93's had a bigger bellhousing because they had a 10.5" clutch in them. could this be my problem? i bought the clutch of craigslist and it came in the original box and everything and looks brand new. i hope i actually got what i bought? so should my car should fit a 10.5" clutch with the orignal bellhousing? thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts