Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car is idling you can hear a squeaking sound with the clutch in or out, as well as a vibration that you can feel in the clutch.

When you push in the clutch - Sometimes the vibration goes away or gets less, and another or the same squeak happens but is usually a little louder. Pushing in and out on the clutch noticeably changes the tone of the squeak.

Am I right in thinking its the pilot and tob?

What is causing the vibration? It is worse while driving, third seems the worst of all of them.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have the exact same problem. Im almost sure its the throw out bearing.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems to affect the vibration in the clutch pedal. not the sound of the sqeaking.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in the process right of doing this.

Replace your TOB and your pilot bearing, have your flywheel reseed axed and seriously consider a new clutch stock or aftermarket whatever you decide.. Also if you do it yourself the top two tranny bolts are super hard to get out, and don't jack up the front of the engine to much to get to the trans. Or else you will crack the intake where it connects to the heater core just some stuff to think about also get your TOB And your pilot bearing direct from ford it's only like 60 70 bucks. Don't buy from American muscle for this part :) if you need anything shoot me a message

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in the process right of doing this.

Replace your TOB and your pilot bearing, have your flywheel reseed axed and seriously consider a new clutch stock or aftermarket whatever you decide.. Also if you do it yourself the top two tranny bolts are super hard to get out, and don't jack up the front of the engine to much to get to the trans. Or else you will crack the intake where it connects to the heater core just some stuff to think about also get your TOB And your pilot bearing direct from ford it's only like 60 70 bucks. Don't buy from American muscle for this part :) if you need anything shoot me a message

Thanks a lot for the info. If im gonna get in there im gonna replace it all, pilot, tob, fork, clutch, and a resurface on the flywheel.

What clutch do you recommend for a mostly stock GT, no immediate plans for big power. But I like to drop the hammer every now and then :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just go with a stock clutch unless you really feel the need for something more in which case you should get an HD clutch or a ford racing just make sure to get the ford oem replacement bearings

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info. If im gonna get in there im gonna replace it all, pilot, tob, fork, clutch, and a resurface on the flywheel.

What clutch do you recommend for a mostly stock GT, no immediate plans for big power. But I like to drop the hammer every now and then :shiftyeyes
clidefr0g,

For your mostly stock 2v GT, try out the Exedy Mach 350 Stage 1 clutch. It has a factory like pedal feel and can handle way more power than stock. We've used Exedy on our AM company cars, personal cars, and of course lots of customer cars, too. I hear nothing but good things about them between price, quality, and affordability. This is the perfect clutch for a daily driven bolt-on GT, IMO!

Let me know if you have more questions about Exedy or other clutches. I'd be happy to help you out!

Shane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts