Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to get the tranny rebuilt in a couple of months and i will be installing a new clutch, just wondering what one you guys would suggest cause i don't won't to get one that is too beefy for my setup.:confused: mods in my sig.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
ive heard some real good things about Fidanza

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
^ I had that in m old 01 6er.. not a bad clutch at all. kinda light for my taste though. Other then that it grabbed just fine.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Depending on your future mod's it would be a good to go up to something beefy. I put a fidanza 2.1 in about 2 weeks ago and I love it. The pedal feel is real smooth engagement point is smaller than stock so it takes alot of getting used to but I got on it for the first time yesturday since the install and that thing grabs hard as hell!

If you aren't sure and are planning some serious stuff deifnatly talk to promotion about your choice. I just put a PMP build 3650 in my car and Love the thing to death. Those guys really know there stuff and can let you know what will be too much and what wont. He told me the 2.1 might be a little aggressive for my setup now but with my future goals I feel it was the right choice.

Make sure to get the flywheel resurfaced or a new one and use a Ford Throwout Bearing when you do the Install

1 - 8 of 8 Posts