Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a spec stage 3 clutch in my 03 cobra and it has a little bit of play at the top of the clutch pedal. I was just wondering if anyone has adjusted a cobra clutch of if the free play in the pedal is normal?

·
Registered
106 Posts
1st off pull that POS of a clutch out sell it while you can and get a good twin disc. And you will never have any more problems.;)

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
theres nothing wrong with a spec 3, its a great clutch.

get a UPR triple hook quadrant, and a quick click firewall adjuster, and adjust it jsut right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
theres nothing wrong with a spec 3, its a great clutch.

get a UPR triple hook quadrant, and a quick click firewall adjuster, and adjust it jsut right.
Excetp for slipping and blowing up..thats all:sorry

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ive installed many many many spec 3's, and never one single problem. ive seen them beat to hell and hold 650RWHP and go to the track alot.

its a great clutch, probably the most used clutch out there for 03/04 cobra's, and people dont buy them over and over because they're junk.

so there are many people that will disagree with your opinion.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ive installed many many many spec 3's, and never one single problem. ive seen them beat to hell and hold 650RWHP and go to the track alot.

its a great clutch, probably the most used clutch out there for 03/04 cobra's, and people dont buy them over and over because they're junk.

so there are many people that will disagree with your opinion.
I will give you that...but if you poll people making 680 or more you will find that i am correct. Which most 03/04 cobra owners are starting to realize(with the kb 2.8 or any of the turbo versions)the single disc won't hold,and there has been numerous ls1/ls6 guys blow them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts