Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I took the Mach out for some playtime and missed 3rd in the first and second race and after the second race my clutch decided to go. I couldn't shift into any gear unless the car is off so i just crawled home in second. The clutch isn't as stiff as it should be and when i would push the clutch in with the car on it smelled like smoke. Whats that sound like to you guys?
At least I got the races on film and still put at least 5 and probably more cars on the retard even with missing gears thanks to the clutch.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Smoked the clutch. If the pedal has resistance you didn't break the cable. I would say its time for a super king cobra clutch or a spec stage 2

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its under warranty so I was going to buy a better clutch and just have them install it for free. Idk what i need to buy though. If i need like a part or the whole thing.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
go ahead and get the entire clutch kit. the spec stage 2 is a great clutch and thats what i have. centerforce also makes a good clutch...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Make sure they resurface the flywheel when they do it. and like weems said just get a whole kit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much is that clutch? I dont have a lot to spend now so I might have to have them put factory parts back in it which aren't THAT bad I would hope since its a mach.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think i messed up the flywheel up but I will make sure to tell them that. Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a spec stage 2+ kit for 350 through supertune here in town.

all they deal with are mustangs and they have good deals on everything from porting and polishing to putting a supercharger in. There was some saleen they had up here dropping about 800 at the wheels some guy brought up from texas for them to work on.....pretty nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts