Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's gettin about time for the first(I assume) clutch replacement. It's an all stock minus short throw and aftermarket H-pipe car. Has right around 66k miles on it. I know I'll need a clutch kit. What about fly wheel? Any suggestions? I know I have no need for a stage 2 or 3. But I will be building it hopefully as soon as a get some cash. Help me out fellas.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
so its acting like the clutch is goin out?

id suggest the king cobra clutch, i think 50resto.com has a kit with a alignment tool(which is a must, aligning it with the trans sucks)

take your flywheel to a machine shop to get it resurfaced.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's startin to slip a little. And sometimes I can smell it. Hmmm sounds like a bad night rather than a bad clutch

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hows the pedal feel gonna be on both of these??

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long of an install time am I looking at?

·
Registered
189 Posts
if u have all the right tools, and youre gonna do it on the floor, about a full day. but u will have to wait on the flywheel. have u ever done anything like this before.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I've changed a few clutches, shouldnt take more than 3hrs, maybe 4 if you go slow.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've pulled built and replaced two motors. Those were in an old chevy tho. I'm pretty decent with tools and such.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and along with this I suppose I'll change tranny fluid. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
ATF synthetic if you want to spend the money, dont know if it makes a difference or not. i think i have synthetic in mine but it shifted the same...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard somethin bout synchromesh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts