Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get a good clutch fairly cheap? Kinda want a twin disc but they r kinda out of my price range. Just wondering what u guys have to say about em.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Not going to get a good cheap clutch. That's an oxymoron.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I JUST got done installing the Exedy Mach 600 from AM. Got it for a decent price($500ish) when it was on sale for Cyber Monday. So far it seems pretty good, but I've only put 50 miles on it. Will report back later in the week when I feel it's somewhat broken in and can't resit the urge to launch it :D.

·
Registered
832 Posts
This might sound like a dumb question....but is there a point in upgrading the clutch if the engine is going to stay stock?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
This might sound like a dumb question....but is there a point in upgrading the clutch if the engine is going to stay stock?
Not really. I wouldn't even consider one unless it's already slipping now, or you plan on making alot(and I mean 2-3 times a month alot) of track visits.
If you can't do it yourself and you would have to pay someone to do it, it's definitely not worth the money.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I JUST got done installing the Exedy Mach 600 from AM. Got it for a decent price($500ish) when it was on sale for Cyber Monday. So far it seems pretty good, but I've only put 50 miles on it. Will report back later in the week when I feel it's somewhat broken in and can't resit the urge to launch it :D.
I have a Exedy 600 with the lightened fly wheel because the stock wasnt shifting right after the supercharger was put on, but if your gona stay stock and not run a supercharger, turbo, or spray Id recomend you get a Exedy 500

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I have a Exedy 600 with the lightened fly wheel because the stock wasnt shifting right after the supercharger was put on, but if your gona stay stock and not run a supercharger, turbo, or spray Id recomend you get a Exedy 500

I plan on at least spraying mine by the end of the year since a s/c will probably get me in more trouble than I want :D

Did you have any shuddering w/ your exedy? I know we installed it right and torqued everything to specs, but I'm getting a slight shutter when I first start rolling, and mainly happens when going up hill. I was told it's somewhat normal, but want to make sure others have experienced it too. I've got right at 300 miles on it now and have only gotten on it hard a few times.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I plan on at least spraying mine by the end of the year since a s/c will probably get me in more trouble than I want :D

Did you have any shuddering w/ your exedy? I know we installed it right and torqued everything to specs, but I'm getting a slight shutter when I first start rolling, and mainly happens when going up hill. I was told it's somewhat normal, but want to make sure others have experienced it too. I've got right at 300 miles on it now and have only gotten on it hard a few times.
yea, mine does that from time to time. Buy hey its a single disk clutch that holds my 650 rwhp car and is still streetable and shifts good. Ill take that slight shutter every now and then over paying for a expensive twin disk. Besides in my opinion a twin disk is too much clutch for these stock trannys, youll blow the tranny befor you get close to blowing the clutch of a twin IMO

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
yea, mine does that from time to time. Buy hey its a single disk clutch that holds my 650 rwhp car and is still streetable and shifts good. Ill take that slight shutter every now and then over paying for a expensive twin disk. Besides in my opinion a twin disk is too much clutch for these stock trannys, youll blow the tranny befor you get close to blowing the clutch of a twin IMO
Alright that's what I wanted to hear.

I completely agree on the twin discs. Way too much for a tranny that'll barely hold a stock clutch haha.

·
Officer Mustang Noob
20 Posts
So what would everyone recommend with a ford racing 624 hp supercharger kit? When I graduate police academy in June and six month after that I'll order mine with the supercharger from ford

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts