Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently have a forged shortblock with 16cc pistons and Factory PI heads and cams making roughly 400whp on 12lbs of boost with a vortech V3 blower. Im looking to switch over to the CMS 2.5 blower cams and their stg2 springs. What type of power increases can I expect with these cams. I'll be spinning the rpms higher with these cams so will probably be making more boost too.

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
So I currently have a forged shortblock with 16cc pistons and Factory PI heads and cams making roughly 400whp on 12lbs of boost with a vortech V3 blower. Im looking to switch over to the CMS 2.5 blower cams and their stg2 springs. What type of power increases can I expect with these cams. I'll be spinning the rpms higher with these cams so will probably be making more boost too.
Id say easily 65+. i went from 425whp at 11psi on a V2 s trim to 482 with a stage 1 cam @12psi,i gained 1lb of boost by getting rid my power pipe.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id say easily 65+. i went from 425whp at 11psi on a V2 s trim to 482 with a stage 1 cam @12psi,i gained 1lb of boost by getting rid my power pipe.
Nice was that on factory heads? Those are some good numbers. My runs were on a loaded dyno.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good deal, yeah depending on the year of your car they are either 15.8cc or 18.1cc

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cams are here. Time to tear the motor down :)

·
13,575 Posts
Im sure you will be happy They make some good cams.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you have a tuned idle video?? can you make one?
I second this I would love to hear them. The guy I bought the cams from sent me an idle video on his car.... I like :)

Also practicing removing the valve springs on a spare motor I have. This tool is really neat. Cams are currently at modular head shop right now getting degreed.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love mine they sound great to
Found your vids on youtube. You made some really good power. What size pulley are you using. I have a 3.15 on my V3 right now, would do about 12lbs of boost @6k rpm looking to spin about 6500 now. What is your fuel setup?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Found your vids on youtube. You made some really good power. What size pulley are you using. I have a 3.15 on my V3 right now, would do about 12lbs of boost @6k rpm looking to spin about 6500 now. What is your fuel setup?
Idle sounds better now tuned and warmed up. Im using a 3.12 and 15% overdrive. My belt started slipping not long after the dyno session but lasted awhile lightly slipping before it got to bad. i definately need an 8 rib kit before next season. Fuel is Return with sumped tank, aeromotive a1000 external pump, aeromotive fuel pump control box, deka 60# injectors. Hpx slotsyle maf apparently almost maxed in 3" tube.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Idle sounds better now tuned and warmed up. Im using a 3.12 and 15% overdrive. My belt started slipping not long after the dyno session but lasted awhile lightly slipping before it got to bad. i definately need an 8 rib kit before next season. Fuel is Return with sumped tank, aeromotive a1000 external pump, aeromotive fuel pump control box, deka 60# injectors. Hpx slotsyle maf apparently almost maxed in 3" tube.
Wow you got a serious fuel setup. I'm going to a 340lph in tank pump with deka 60lbrs and a vmp5000 maf

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Wow you got a serious fuel setup. I'm going to a 340lph in tank pump with deka 60lbrs and a vmp5000 maf

What are your hp goals? I'm running a V2 s trim with a 3.33 stage 1 cams and a single 340lph pump return less with 4#injectors and a JMS feulmax and Ive got plenty of fuel at 480whp @12psi

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What are your hp goals? I'm running a V2 s trim with a 3.33 stage 1 cams and a single 340lph pump return less with 4#injectors and a JMS feulmax and Ive got plenty of fuel at 480whp @12psi
Well currently I just have a 255lph pump return system, vmp 5000 slot maf and the 60lb dekas. With the new cams and higher rpm I will be around 16lbs of boost. I'm thinking the 255 pump will be out of juice not to mention I have the 98 bastard year fuel system. So I'm switching to the mid 80s to 97 tank and bigger pump. Would like upper 400's low 500's

·
Registered
982 Posts
Interesting.....

What is the JMS fuelmax? is that like a Boost a Pump?

I have a V1 upgraded to Si trim intercooled, 3.125 pulley making 13psi, 340 pump returnless, 42 pound EV1 injectors and VMP slot MAF. I maxed my pump out at 448whp @6300 RPM. Tuner told me he could have carried it out to 6500 with 60lb injectors. I'm going to install my Boost a Pump and 80lb injectors soon but am collecting things for a return system as well.

Its cool how so many of these setups seem so similar but are still so different.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts