Modded Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Mhs set mine up also mine were advanced a little bit.
That's interesting, hopefully that's done on purpose? Lol

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Get us some videos when she is all tuned up and let us know how that goes with a track video too man!!!

I wonder how these compare to the old grind MHS stage 2 blower cams I have.

The new MHS stage 2 grind has quite a bit more lift but the old grind stage 2 where real similar to the CMS stage 2.5

MHS stage 2 old grind was:

228/234 duration

.550/.540 lift

115 LSA

110 ICA

The CMS stage 2.5 are:

228/235 duration

536/540 Lift

114 LSA

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Get us some videos when she is all tuned up and let us know how that goes with a track video too man!!!

I wonder how these compare to the old grind MHS stage 2 blower cams I have.

The new MHS stage 2 grind has quite a bit more lift but the old grind stage 2 where real similar to the CMS stage 2.5

MHS stage 2 old grind was:

228/234 duration

.550/.540 lift

115 LSA

110 ICA

The CMS stage 2.5 are:

228/235 duration

536/540 Lift

114 LSA
I will for sure get some dyno run vids and stuff here soon. Its actually ready to go right now but I think I'm going to build the 8.8 over the winter first.

Im not sure, its odd how closely MHS and CMS work with eachother? Bought all my stuff through cms but he went through mhs to degree? I'm not surprised they used similar grinds.

Im not sure, its odd how closely MHS and CMS work with eachother? Bought all my stuff through cms but he went through mhs to degree? I'm not surprised they used similar grinds.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. whatever gets the job done lol jordan at mhs is a great guy also

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Its getting close fellas - Tune is scheduled for April 27th. Just installed a better fuel system with an Aero340 pump and switching to a vic jr intake with a 6061 elbo. Latest vid of a quick warm up.

Reactions: GBPackerFan
Your shortblock is what I plan to do with mine. I'm on a D1 right now, literally just got tuned yesterday. I have a 255 walbro, 60lbers, and a boost a pump and I'm only at 70% duty cycle at 440wh at 6300rpm (11psi on a 3.85 pulley).

When I get the bottom end built, I'll go Meth injection a 320 pump and a good blower cam, maybe pulley down to a 3.6 and let it eat. I should be around 550w pretty easily.

Boss rods and a good 16cc forged pistons sound like the way to go for a quick 500-550w safe build.

Great info in this thread. I'll be following.

Reactions: 98SnakeHorse
Its getting close fellas - Tune is scheduled for April 27th. Just installed a better fuel system with an Aero340 pump and switching to a vic jr intake with a 6061 elbo. Latest vid of a quick warm up.

how many #' s are you going to run?

Discussion starter · #50 ·
how many #' s are you going to run?
@6500rpm it it should be around 16-17lbs of boost

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Like the new intake setup?

that is a hot intake setup.

is that psi level on pump gas?! are you running meth at all? I feel like I need to reread this thread when I have time.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
that is a hot intake setup.

is that psi level on pump gas?! are you running meth at all? I feel like I need to reread this thread when I have time.
93 pump 10.1:1 CR no meth

Will run on 93 this year. Will be switching to e-85 next after bigger injectors and dual pump setup

damn! how are you combating detonation? my tuner isn't to keen on running more than the 13 psi I have on my turbo setup. granted this tuner is reputable for his very reliable tunes.

he is concerned about detonation with my 9.5:1 compression and higher boost levels.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Meh, It may be closer to 9.7:1 to 9.8:1 with my 16cc dish. lol I ran 12lbs last year on pump 93 and did fine. We will see I guess. My goal is to keep good power down low. I think I can make it happen. Below is a vid of a guy who is running a 18cc dish piston with around 9.6:1 compression - Made 662hp and 535tq on 93pump 23psi lol

Us Centri guys dont see a whole lot of boost tell the very top of redline so need any help we can get.

I've been running 16psi on my built setup for over 4 years now. I have no meth, tune on 93 octane with 9.5-9.6 compression.

https://youtu.be/-pwJo00Aq88

https://youtu.be/oZwWlBKeqo8

Car has received a lot of cosmetic changes since then but still run strong for what it is. Finally tune was 605/535 on 16psi with a D1sc, 373 gear and TKO600 trans.

damn! how are you combating detonation? my tuner isn't to keen on running more than the 13 psi I have on my turbo setup. granted this tuner is reputable for his very reliable tunes.

he is concerned about detonation with my 9.5:1 compression and higher boost levels.
What do your iats look like?

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Discussion starter · #59 · (Edited)
Alright she's back from the rollers and I'm very pleased with how everyrhing performed. Here's a recapp of what this build consists of....
-Romeo 4.6 Block
-Stock steel crank
-Boss Roadrunner Rods
-Mahle 16cc dish pistons
-Stock Heads
-CMS Stg2 Springs
-CMS 2.5 Blower Cams (CR is around 10.1:1)
Vortech V3 Si Trim 3.15'' pulley (Still 6 rib)

Car did 518rwhp and 437rwtq. Spun the car to 6800ish rpm and she kept making power all the way. The blower cams made me lose a couple lbs of boost so it peaked at 14psi. With a 10% overdrive pulley and some E-85 she will really sing.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

that's awesome, good numbers, and all that on 14 psi. really the cams are allowing you to make more power with less restriction. hence "lose psi". bet that thing pulls like a raped ape on the high end.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

What do your iats look like?
you guys look at your Oats, do you look at them while cruising, or WOT?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.