Modded Mustang Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
that's awesome, good numbers, and all that on 14 psi. really the cams are allowing you to make more power with less restriction. hence "lose psi". bet that thing pulls like a raped ape on the high end.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

you guys look at your Oats, do you look at them while cruising, or WOT?
Yeah I was anticipating a small loss of boost with the cams. Very happy with it at this power number. Should be good reliable power for this season.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Yeah I was anticipating a small loss of boost with the cams. Very happy with it at this power number. Should be good reliable power for this season.

a pulley drop will bring you back up to that psi level ;-)

Discussion starter · #63 · (Edited)
a pulley drop will bring you back up to that psi level ;-)
With only a 6 rib belt I think an IW 10% overdrive pulley would have been nice. At this point switching to e85 and maybe turbo could happen in the next year or so.

With only a 6 rib belt I think an IW 10% underdrive pulley would have been nice. At this point switching to e85 and maybe turbo may be in the next year or so.
I think you mean overdrive pulley, not underdrive. They make both but the underdrive will spin everything slower and give you less boost.

Reactions: 98SnakeHorse
Discussion starter · #65 ·
I think you mean overdrive pulley, not underdrive. They make both but the underdrive will spin everything slower and give you less boost.
Oops yep overdrive

Nice! 14psi sounds right for your pulley setup. My V1 S makes 12.4psi with a 3.125 pulley. Si's with the same pulley setup as the old V1 S usually make 2 psi more.

Reactions: 98SnakeHorse
I've been running 16psi on my built setup for over 4 years now. I have no meth, tune on 93 octane with 9.5-9.6 compression.

https://youtu.be/-pwJo00Aq88

https://youtu.be/oZwWlBKeqo8

Car has received a lot of cosmetic changes since then but still run strong for what it is. Finally tune was 605/535 on 16psi with a D1sc, 373 gear and TKO600 trans.
I like it all with the exception all the cobra and SVT badges on a GT.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.