Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered those cams a week ago, and called the performance shop that is doing the work (there highly recommended by a local mustang forum) he said that those cams can be dropped in with out being degreed but he can degree them but wont be worth the money for the extra couple hp, just said to make sure i get the right valve springs. he swears that there wont be any ptv issues... so i emailed jim cushman and he also says there is no ptv issues if the cams are dropped in.. he also said not many people run those cams degreeed. what did people do on here who have that cam?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
There are many people who have just dropped them in and not degreed them. They are good cams and you dont need to worry about ptv clearance. I degreed mine but thats because its easy and there is no reason not to. but if your paying someone to do it and dont wanna spend the coin you wont have any problems. just wont get the absolute most out of them

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh finally a straight forward answer!! thanks! ive googled searched everywhere and everyone beats around the bush. the shop doing my cams said how long it take and the money not worth the couple hp

·
Banned
760 Posts
local performance shop drop mine in and fu$%#@ my engine up,those cams are aggressive needs to be degreed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm thats weird, thats what im kinda worried about lol but all the shops and the jim cushman say the dont need to be

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
What cams Re you going to use? I plan on doing those and I think I was going to do nextek 2s if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What cams Re you going to use? I plan on doing those and I think I was going to do nextek 2s if I'm not mistaken
im going to be using the trickflow 120lb spring kit

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
just get them degreed man, degreeing 2v cams is not hard so they shouldn't be charging you too much to do them. However if the creator says they can be dropped in safely, then sounds like whatever shop sash went too didn't know what they're doing, a tooth off on these cars can be dangerous.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The shop I am going to and modular powerhouse said these cams are good to go dropped in. Once I get closer to having it done il get a quote on how much more degree takes

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Mine are dropped in, not degreed, runs fine, no loss of bottom end or lugging capability. I can lug it up my driveway that's fairly steep in 1st gear with no gas at 500rpm idle, rarely bucks either. 90lb or 120lb springs will be fine as long as there .600 lift.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine are dropped in, not degreed, runs fine, no loss of bottom end or lugging capability. I can lug it up my driveway that's fairly steep in 1st gear with no gas at 500rpm idle, rarely bucks either. 90lb or 120lb springs will be fine as long as there .600 lift.
your car :drool, what do you shift your car at with those cams n/a

·
Registered
671 Posts
Some one info me on why cams need "degreed" and what it does exactly?
Short version is it alows the valves to open at the exact time they need to for perfect combustion and also makes it were you will have zero chance with ptv issues

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damnnn, wish I woulda bought cams instead of the shaker! I want some cms cams:)
yeah got about a month or two until i get mine installed and dyno tune along with my longtubes cant wait

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
if your paying to have them put them in why not have it done perfectly? instead of worrying about it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts