Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to get a new cobra bumper and not sure of all what i need. i have a grill delete kit on mine now....would that fit the cobra one without the bottom piece just the bracket? and do they come with the foglights and/or wiring? wiring sites? parts needed to attach it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
the bumber doesn't come with the lights or wiring. I'm not sure is the grill delete kit will work... i think it will, not i'd dubble check.

·
Registered
135 Posts
but i'd dubble check*

(oops) lol

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
+1 the bumper will not come with foglights or the wiring harness. It won't come with anything but the bumper itself. I also don't think the delete kit will work, but I'm not sure

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i have a cobra front bumper on mine and it adds a lot to the look. As stated it wont come with anything but the bumper. And i dont know why the grille delete wouldnt work. I have a billit grille on mine and it looks great. Though i need a new bumper because mine has been bottomed out many a time that it looks terrible. Only a couple times by me. And it isnt even lowered that much

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
its a direct swap, mach1 grill delete swaps no problem...

you can jimmy rig a wiring harness, when i get mine, if i do :p ill show ya an easy way to do it

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
you dont really need to use the mach delete since the cobras already have the delete just without the black trim piece to cover the gap in teh v6/GT front bumper cover

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a direct swap, mach1 grill delete swaps no problem...

you can jimmy rig a wiring harness, when i get mine, if i do :p ill show ya an easy way to do it
thanks i thought the grill would work and i know a few places sell kits with foglights and switches but i just want a harness that goes into the parking lights let me know what you do and maybe pics if you got time :yes

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have read somewhere that if you get a true cobra bumper (like ordering it from ford or buying a salvaged one that was actually on a cobra) there is 1 area that wont really fit. The hoods on cobras and GTs are different too (duh).... well this is where your problem lies. The ummm... "horns" of the bumper ... or the top part that comes up and trims the head lights and meets the hood.... well that head light "trim part is going to be like a quarter of an inch too high, thus not letting the hood close. I have read that in multiple places... though I have also read too that this problem can be easily fixed. They say all ya got to do is push these 2 parts farther back (towards the radiator) and screw it down.

I hope this wasnt too confusing for ya. Just something to look out for. Also I dont know if this applies to after market bumpers too.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ive never heard of that from any of the V8 guys that bought the FBC....maybe you should ask in their section and see what they say.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
thanks i thought the grill would work and i know a few places sell kits with foglights and switches but i just want a harness that goes into the parking lights let me know what you do and maybe pics if you got time :yes
well the person that i was going to get my lights from keeps backing out, talk to WLJohnson i told him this idea, he had the lights and brackets already...

lemme go see if i can dig up the idea thread i made

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanks and since you know some about electrics i installed my white face gauges and tapped into the brown wire behind them but when i have all of the lights on it seems to be a bit hard to start the time right after i shut it off from having them all on? confusing but i hope u know what i mean.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and what did that guy have on his battery terminals in the video?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
ok thanks and since you know some about electrics i installed my white face gauges and tapped into the brown wire behind them but when i have all of the lights on it seems to be a bit hard to start the time right after i shut it off from having them all on? confusing but i hope u know what i mean.
hmm...

and what did that guy have on his battery terminals in the video?
not sure...

honestly his video inspired me to jimmy rig it.. i know nothing about car electronics

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah thats what im not sure of i'll try to find out and any cheap prices for a bumper anywhere

1 - 18 of 18 Posts