Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will try to dyno after every most every mod.

Future mods include:
-1 3/4" primary headers
-Ported intake
-Spacer
-Accufab TB
-Cams
-Aluminum driveshaft
-Cobra R alt and hydraboost pulleys, WP pulley and a small diameter damper

I'll be using is a "loaded" dynojet for all tests.

For the dyno below the only power mods are:

96-98 Cobra intake cams installed at 107.5/112
Off road X-pipe/borlas/2.5" tailpipes

driveline mods:
Automatic trans with Circle D "2C" converter
4.10s

I added a Steeda small diameter damper, March hydraboost and water pump pulleys, and a 1/4" spacer. Did not retune, only dyno'd for numbers as we were short on time. The a/f for some reason was .1-.2 richer than the previous dynos and we encountered a voltage issue that caused a dip in power just under both 5k and 5.5k. Voltage output was 12.2-13.2 fromthe beginning of the run to 6350rpm. Peak power gain was a little over 7rwhp and max gain was 18rwhp at 6350rpm. Without a doubt, with the correct a/f peak tq would have also increased. Also, if taken above 6350rpm the hp gains would have continued to increase beyond 18rwhp.

Next up are SLP 1 3/4" primary long tubes, RAI (or CAI) and a the testing of a couple intake manifolds.

·
Registered
385 Posts
nice cant wait to see more results!

·
Registered
121 Posts
i've been thinking about the 98 cobra cams for my mach, what was your base line prior to the cams, about 275rwhp?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've been thinking about the 98 cobra cams for my mach, what was your base line prior to the cams, about 275rwhp?
I bought the car as a roller and put the cams in before I installed the engine. The baseline numbers for this are in the first graph and the power mods were only a k&n filter and off road X.

I advanced the cams quite a bit because I wanted a broad powerband with good midrange rather than high peak numbers.

Next up are long tubes and the testing of a couple ported intakes.

The goal for this combo is 320rwhp with the stock cams which would be similar to a 340rw manual trans combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts