Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well i blew up my 98 GT motor last October and im finally get my money straigntened up to get this b**ch rollin. I just bought a 96 cobra block, bored .030 over and heads. I am pretty new at write-ups but i will try and keep you guys posted and put as many pics on here as possible. The plan is to have this done by April 2010. So far i have removed the busted engine and exhaust to make room for the cobra engine and some long-tube headers. I also removed the rear seat, brackets and seat belts to help trim some fat. I am also planning on s/c it too with an Eaton M119 s/c and possible intercooler. I will be getting the engine later next week and i will post pics of it then along with some of the car, although remember it has been sitting awhile so its pretty sad looking. I do have a few questions for those who know there s*it. If im going witha s/c what do you think is a good compression ratio? Im planning on going forged internals, most likely manely pistons, rings and rods. I see that they have 11cc dish, 18cc dish and a 15cc dish. Which should i go with? Second question is, how bad is it to replace driver and passenger windows? Can it be done with one person? My gay ex-step dad got pissed at me and thought it would be a good idea to smash them both out with a pick ax.:mad: I will also post the wish list of parts im plannin on going with this weekend.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wishin

Alright well it's friday and i really don't want to do any work today, so here is the wish list for the car. Im almost positive im missing some stuff. if you think i am let me kno thanks

Engine:
Stage 2 comp cam
adjustable cam gears
Steel crank shaft
manley pistons,ring,rods
msd coils
msd 8 mm spark plug wires
eaton M119 Supercharger + intercooler

Exhaust
BBk longtube headers
bbk hi-flow cats
Not sure what cat back system to go with...

Drivetrain
t-56 6 speed tranny
spec stage 2 clutch
spec aluminum flywheel
pro 5.0 shifter
aluminum driveshaft
Money and time permitting 3.73 gears and limited slip diff

Suspension
UPR tubular k-member
Upr front control arms
UPR coilovers
MM CC plates

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Use a compression calculator to figure out what you will get from each piston size. You'll need the head size and cylinder bore size as well as a few other variables. Generally the larger the dish the lower the comp ratio. If you are going s/c then you will want a lower ratio than n/a. Generally folks try to shoot for 8.5-9.5 for supercharged applications.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I've got a spare passenger side window if you need one. Just pm me if you want it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so where do i find this said "compression calulator"? I'm thinking i want the 18cc dish piston heads and i want to order them this week cuz my valve heads and engine block come in 2mrw and thursday. On another note, any suggestions for a crankshaft? I found a nice one at some website, i'll put up the address once i found it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok well my parts are starting to arrive, i have been busy the past few days so i haven't been able to take pics but i should have time tonight. i do have a quick question... i bought a M119 eaton s/c and im wondering if it's ok to use underdrive pulleys with that or should i just buy oem ones? Thanks

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
WTF is a M119? and No you don't want under drive pulleys sell them and get some stock pulleys.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WTF is a M119? and No you don't want under drive pulleys sell them and get some stock pulleys.
Sry it's a m90 of an 03 termi engine.

So today my engine block and heads showed up. check out the pics. The heads will def have some machine work done to them. possibly stage 2 port/polish. And some other **** too.

Here are some pics of the heads and block.. enjoy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heres some pics of the car it's going in... I got a few pics of the front end vag going on and the gutted truck and back seat...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bought a upr tubular chromoly k-member and cc plates will arrive late next week

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can put a 3.4 whipple on it and make some mad power! M90 suck ball.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya well ive seen a guy make 450 at the wheels with a 96 cobra and m90 s/c, so thats good enough for me for the money i spent on it... it only cost me $1200 with intercooler, the whipple prob is around $4,500... but ya a wipple would be nice, maybe down the road who knows...:rockon

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh my bad the ebay listing said m90 but off an 03... shows you how much i dont know lol

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
heres some pics of the car it's going in... I got a few pics of the front end vag going on and the gutted truck and back seat...
please clean that engine bay before anything goes i it lol. other than that...i LOVE it

1 - 20 of 47 Posts