Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a guy selling a cobra exhaust (no mid pipe just pipes tips and mufflers) for $100 on CL. My question is will it work with my live axle and is it worth the pain to modify it if necessary? I am going to talk to my exhaust guy first but figured i would check with the crew. :cool: any experiences suggestions comments??;)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the honest feed back. I already have the tips that are on it sitting in my living room I bought for $20 bucks. guess I'll hold off

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Thanks for the honest feed back. I already have the tips that are on it sitting in my living room I bought for $20 bucks. guess I'll hold off
i would...you can buy OEM tubing from most exhaust shops for $50 a side...so new tubing costs the same as his old won't work for your car tubing :yes

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
yeah buying that would be a waste of money, you might be able to make it fit but you would end up spending too much.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah buying that would be a waste of money, you might be able to make it fit but you would end up spending too much.
thats what I was thinking.

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
You gotta admit though, those pipes that looks like they're wrapped around the gas tank look badass... Too bad it doesn't work for our cars...:(

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Here's a pic of mine so far...:shiftyeyes

In my dreams!:tomato

What if the exhaust shop cuts the pipes where the they meet behind the gas tank and somehow fab the rest of the pipes to connect them to the mufflers?! Possible? Pricey.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

What if the exhaust shop cuts the pipes where the they meet behind the gas tank and somehow fab the rest of the pipes to connect them to the mufflers?! Possible? Pricey.
Pricey and not worth it. I think they are the pipes from the 2000 cobra which are the ones who were too restrictive from the factory. so..... :no

·
Banned
17,374 Posts

wouldn't work due to our rear end....look at the chunk in front of the gas tank

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Pricey and not worth it. I think they are the pipes from the 2000 cobra which are the ones who were too restrictive from the factory. so..... :no

i doubt that they are from a 2000, at least its not likely due to production numbers.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i doubt that they are from a 2000, at least its not likely due to production numbers.
the pics he sent me where Identical to the ones I read about with the restriction problems. But yeah definitely unlikely

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

You've been holding out on us I see. :shiftyeyes
Also how do you like your 5000 mile tires :)

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Well yes thats Nitto these are Toyo R888. Treadware is 100 AA. And $450 per each. :eek:
well if someone in this section has ever owned a set...which probly nobody in this section does...could answer the longevity question that would be great...however i think ill stick to the 555r's lol

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Ok guys, so what you're telling me is that there's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to achieve the Termi's exhaust look... Even fabbed piping won't work?! I'm really diggin' this setup! Lol

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Ok guys, so what you're telling me is that there's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to achieve the Termi's exhaust look... Even fabbed piping won't work?! I'm really diggin' this setup! Lol
not easily or in a in expensive way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts