Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to upgrade the expansion tank on my 03 cobra. What is the best put together kit. I want a kit that includes a big tank, relOcate battery to the trunk, and the wiring needed with a toggle switch to keep car cool in between runs at the track.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you want all aluminum, you should go with this setup. Its nice and clean and looks good too.
1) Canton Aluminum Ice/ Water Reservoir.

2) Upgraded pump from Vortech.

3)Taylor Aluminum Battery Box with Relocation Kit.

I used the canton one with my vortech setup and it help almost 2 bags of ice when empty. worked very well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
while on the subject, has anyone filled one of these big ice tanks, b4 a run and had ice still in the tank after the run? cause at my track if you fillled it up , and the motobikes run then the pro comp cars .the ice would have melted , because it takes 45 min to an hour btween runs, ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depending on the heat ofcourse. I haven't tried the Canton. I have a LFP on mine. It has a drain plug (I think Canton does too). When it turns into water, I drain it and fill it back up with ice. It doesn't take long to melt from the engine and outside heat as your well aware of.

·
Registered
61 Posts
while on the subject, has anyone filled one of these big ice tanks, b4 a run and had ice still in the tank after the run? cause at my track if you fillled it up , and the motobikes run then the pro comp cars .the ice would have melted , because it takes 45 min to an hour btween runs, ?
Here's the main key to that. If your moving from the pits or thru the staging lanes pull the relay for the intercooler pump. Then the Ice will stay. If its 100 degrees. Stay in the pits longer but still keep the relay out. I do that on my Cobra and it works perfect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's the main key to that. If your moving from the pits or thru the staging lanes pull the relay for the intercooler pump. Then the Ice will stay. If its 100 degrees. Stay in the pits longer but still keep the relay out. I do that on my Cobra and it works perfect.
Thats exactly what I did. My power to the relay was tapped to the fuse box with an ignition hot source. SO, I filled the box completely with ice. Then, once I knew I would be running in the next few minutes, I turned the the key to the acc. side and the pump circulated. My aftercooler was dripping with condensation in less than 1 minute. Worked damn good with my aftercooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts