Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally finished my 03/04 Cobra front bumper and Cobra 2000 R hood conversion this morning. Notice the hood is a Carbon Fiber VIS hood. Nice piece. After dry fitting everything, I found that the hood hit the top of the two upper bumper horns that surround the grill. I shaved those 2 bumper mounts so they layed flat the upper core support (lower) to 3/16" thick. I then proceeded to have the body shop paint it. I then went about performing the installation. The hood fit pretty well, but the fender gaps are off a little. It also doesn't shut very well. I did get it better, but I sacraficed some of my hard fought fender gap perfection to accomplish this. The bumper (Ford OEM) fit beautifully, but I found that the hood was hitting the bumps in the factory plastic core support shield. I removed that and everything was fine. The only other glich was the stock GT fog lamp harness did not plug into the Cobra fog lamps. I have the Cobra pigtails ordered from Ford for $18 and they should be in on Monday. Here's some pics. Enjoy...

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
looks awesome.

yesh, the terminator horns or whatever they're called ont he bumper sits up, and out farther than others. when doing a aftermarket hood on one i actually take the bumper off, move the crash bar back 3/8", and move the bumper back slightly, and it takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys. And King, it's good to see that you don't take things personally.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
looks great bro...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts