Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This spring im planning a build. New body kit, rims, gears, exhaust etc for my stock 04 GT. I know someone who said they would sell their Cobra front and rear bumper to me for cheap after they put on a new body kit. I love the way the cobras look, and this is cheaper for me than having to buy a shaved cobra rear bumper and money will become an issue for this build. Since the rear bumper says cobra, should i leave on the GT emblem or strip the GT emblem and not put any emblem on the trunk? Im leave the running pony front and the 40th anniversary badges on the side. I dont want to pass my gt off as a Cobra at all. im thinking of stripping the GT emblem just so i dont look like a retard with a GT emblem and cobra bumper. I dont want to piss anyone off so ill ask and get everyones opinion including hopefully some cobra owners.​

**I figure i should add that i dont drag or street race, so i wouldnt be making cobras look bad if owners dont have a problem with me sporting a cobra bumper. lol​

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
just fill in the cobra letters on the back bumper with some body fill and paint over it. if you strip the GT badges ppl will think you have a FOBRA! many ppl have a cobra rear bumper with the letters filled in. no biggie..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you use to fill in the letters? I was reading a thread yesterday and someone said that some materials wouldnt adhere to the bumper?

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
What do you use to fill in the letters? I was reading a thread yesterday and someone said that some materials wouldnt adhere to the bumper?
you have to sand the letters with a fairly rough grit and put the filler over the letters with bondo body filler sand the body filler smooth after it dries and paint over the body filler

·
Registered
371 Posts
there is a gt around town with a cobra front bumper the average person wont know the differance dude do it they look great

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
there is a gt around town with a cobra front bumper the average person wont know the differance dude do it they look great
yeah the Cobra front bumper also dosnt say COBRA in big letters on it also. the rear says COBRA the cobra front bumper looks good on anything n i have NO problem with ppl puting cobra body parts on their cars because the cobra parts look sexy just cover up the cobra on the rear because if some douch beats a GT that says Cobra on the back and says GT on the side he is going to go n tell everyone that Cobras are slow that is intill he meets up with a real termi! lol

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
If you stack a 1/4 inch think of bondo in the letters it will fall out eventually.

You need like a plastic repair filler

Bondo is ment for metal not plastic ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts