Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Fellas,

I had just picked up a SVT Focus Pump but found a nice deal on a Cobra Hat/Pumps set up so I said what the heck as 384 rwhp isn't enough in the long run so i splurged...and figured i'd educate myself class is in session.

Figuring out what else is needed to pull this off not sure if it is a straight plug and play? The pump does need a fuel float and put up pics of what i have once i figure out how to. Here are my ?'s, like to be prepared and buy everything i need ahead of time. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated.

1) Do i need a cobra tank right away
2) If i don't need tank what needs to be done?
3) I heard you can't drive WOT under 1/4 but can you drive normal under 1/4 tank?
4) when do i need to upgrade fdmp?
5) Do i need to modify any wiring/connectors? will the screws from my gt hat match up to the cobra hat.

About the car 2000 mustang gt, Novi 1000 (8 psi), 42 injectors, stock maf (with mafia), walbro gss 342, AFM F42 Cams, MM caster camber plates, eibach prokit, bbs rk's 18", light bar, bbk 78mm tb/plenum)..384 rwhp/365 rwtq

Parts sitting under my bed and hidden from wife (lol):

Pro tube blow thru MAF
SCT Tuner
Procharger 3 core intercooler
Kenne Bell 40A BAP
Anderson Powerpipe

Need to buy:
Intercooler Piping and misc (creating post on how much pipe i need etc)
Bov Valve
Piping with Bov flange?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
modify the gas tank by breaking out the white basket that holds your current pump setup. no you dont need a modified fpdm even with a 40amp bap. the wires are the same color coming out of the cobra hat as the sock wires coming out of your oem hat so just cut and solder wires per color

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Gonna try to answer these to the best of my ability lol

1) No you never need a Cobra tank. You can use your GT's tank and be just fine
2) You need to break and remove the basket in your GT's tank and beat the bottom of the tank down atleast a half an inch or so to allow clearance.
3) Yes you can drive normal. I still don't understand why you can't go WOT but you can still drive just fine as long as the pumps not goin nuts for fuel

As for 4 and 5 I would love to know these myself since I'm also doing this swap. Bump for knowledge!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Thanks stal, I didn't think you needed to modify the fpdm but he had me going there for a second lol.

Would also be good advice to tell him to do a pprv delete before he gets it all together and sealed up right?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is a pprv delete and why does it get deleted.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I have my pprv still with no problems with the kb frps disk. But lots of people have issues with it

·
Registered
329 Posts
The only thing my tuner said its best that u have baffles in ur tank cuz if u do a hard launch or take a corner hard and ur under 1/4 u can go lean.

Me personally I fill up every 1/4 tank dont see why would anyone drive passed that even wit a boosted car.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am actually never let my car get below 1/2 for the most part......so it appears i can save a few pennies for now.....

what does this pprv thing do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts