Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a cobra hood for my car and i was excited to put it on. When i finally put it on it didnt sit like the stock 04 mustang gt hood. Why is that? Do i have to buy the cobra hinges or something? Help me out here guys.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
its because you should trade it to me for my mach 1 hood and shaker assembly, our cars are the same color and az isnt too far:yes

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I recently bought a cobra hood for my car and i was excited to put it on. When i finally put it on it didnt sit like the stock 04 mustang gt hood. Why is that? Do i have to buy the cobra hinges or something? Help me out here guys.
The cobra hoods are shorter if I remember correctly. They arent as long so they dont sit right on a Gt bumper.

·
Registered
291 Posts
yea.....this is the reason you cant mix match the parts, if you want the cobra hood, and you want it to look right. then you are going to have to get the cobra bumper as well........the cobra hoods and gt hoods are completely different sizes as you are learning the hard way, you can use it like it is....but IMOP its gonna look like **** unless you get the cobra bumper as well

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
When you say it does not fit right, what about it does not fit right? Is it a Ford OEM hood, or is it aftermarket? Looking at your avatar it appears to have the big gap between the front bumper and the hood. Is that what you are talking about? If that is it, then the above poster is 100% correct. The termi hoods are shorter than the GT hood. You will have to buy an 03 bumper to get rid of that problem. If it is something else that you are having a fitment issue with, it could be the make of the hood. Let us know where the fitment issue is if that is the case.

·
Registered
210 Posts
what about 03/04 bumper with aftermarket cobra r hood will they line up i have cobra bumper but in the process of getting the hood is it gonna line up.??

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Are you sure a new bumper would fix the problem? If a cobra hood is shorter and you're telling him to get a cobra bumper to get everything to line up well, wouldn't that kinda mean a cobra bumper not line up with a GT hood then? Are you sure the bumper mounts for the cobra aren't different or something and that's why a cobra bumper lines up with a cobra hood?

Does this make any fricken sense, it sounds kinda confusing now that i read through it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Are you sure a new bumper would fix the problem? If a cobra hood is shorter and you're telling him to get a cobra bumper to get everything to line up well, wouldn't that kinda mean a cobra bumper not line up with a GT hood then? Are you sure the bumper mounts for the cobra aren't different or something and that's why a cobra bumper lines up with a cobra hood?

Does this make any fricken sense, it sounds kinda confusing now that i read through it.
Cobra hoods are shorter, but the cobra bumpers are higher where the bumper and the hoods meet. When people swap to a cobra front, they usually have to adjust the hood stops to accomdate the higher front.

·
Registered
291 Posts
^^^ ding ding ding ding!!! see someone else here is on the same page as me! lol.....ok a cobra hood is short, and the "walls" on the cobra bumper as some people will call them, are longer than regular gt's....THUS equaling it out on cobras.

thats why when you see someone w/ a cobra hood, and a gt bumper, it looks funny as hell. now you can go cobra bumper and gt hood BUT you must raise the stops and adjust the latch in order for it to all work out.

i think this is only on 03-04 cobra hoods/bumpers, i have never messed w/ the 01 model so i could not sit here and tell you i know for a fact on the 01 models

·
Registered
291 Posts
i have an 99-02 cobra bumper on mine now with stock gt hood with no problems
i guess then ya its only w/ the 03/04's that have an issue. like i said i havent messed w/ the 01 models yet

althought i AM wanting to get a 01 cobra bumper w/ a cowl hood for my bullitt, O and also i want to get the 03/04 cobra trunk spoiler

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i have the problem with is sitting on the bumper. theres about 3/4 of an inch of gap in between the hood and bumper

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I recently put a 01 bumper on. my friend wreked his car so i got a good deal. theres also a gap above the lights and the hood

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if i were to trade you the hood for your mach 1 set up will i even see an improvement in performance? im willing to. will it alighn with my engine?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
if i were to trade you the hood for your mach 1 set up will i even see an improvement in performance? im willing to. will it alighn with my engine?
Just as much as you will with the heat extractor. It will look a whole lot better/meaner in my opinion. I'd definately do it if I had your hood. Heck, how much you want for your hood? I have been looking for one ever since he made the offer to you.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
ya my 99 cobra bumper lines up perfect with the GT hood, must be only 03-04. i would swap it for the shaker if i were you. watching that thing jiggle is awesome

·
Registered
374 Posts
buy the bumper another member of fobra's and faleens LMAO but the bumpers the best part I like them alot!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts