Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so today i finally put my new podercoated cobra intake on my car but i still have to run with the stock throttlebody and maf im just curious how much of a power gain do you think im going to see if i throw on a 75mm throttlebody and a 76 mm maf vs the stock stuff lol.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
alright so today i finally put my new podercoated cobra intake on my car but i still have to run with the stock throttlebody and maf im just curious how much of a power gain do you think im going to see if i throw on a 75mm throttlebody and a 76 mm maf vs the stock stuff lol.
Measure the opening of the cobra intake... Pretty sure it's a 70mm. I have an explorer intake that was ported and I have a 70mm. But if you swap those both out you'll probably gain a solid 10-14 horsepower.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Measure the opening of the cobra intake... Pretty sure it's a 70mm. I have an explorer intake that was ported and I have a 70mm. But if you swap those both out you'll probably gain a solid 10-14 horsepower.

Sent from my galaxy s II
glad to hear it ill be buying underdrive pulleys as well so im hoping for a good solid 20 hp out of all of it

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Hopefully that 76mm isn't the C&L mass air meter, or you'll be talking carb again before you know it. And for underdrives, I strongly recommend the March Power and Amp series as you shouldn't have charging issues associated with most UD pulleys out there.

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully that 76mm isn't the C&L mass air meter, or you'll be talking carb again before you know it. And for underdrives, I strongly recommend the March Power and Amp series as you shouldn't have charging issues associated with most UD pulleys out there.
no im not going anywhere near a c&L i may end up going to a 80mm pro m maf

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
no im not going anywhere near a c&L i may end up going to a 80mm pro m maf
80mm pro-m is a great choice. You can always grow into it.

I personally have a C&L and don't have issues with it, but my car is also dyno tuned.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
80mm pro-m is a great choice. You can always grow into it.

I personally have a C&L and don't have issues with it, but my car is also dyno tuned.

Sent from my galaxy s II
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, referring to your c&l.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hate to dig up and old thread, but I do have the C&L one... it's not currently on my car, as I was trying to chase down my smog issues, but all is better now.

Should I sell the damn thing? Is it really that bad? If So, why?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Hate to dig up and old thread, but I do have the C&L one... it's not currently on my car, as I was trying to chase down my smog issues, but all is b etter now.

I wouldnt use it. But over on corral there are mixed reviews, there seems to be many that use them with out issue. But in my opinion, its not worth chancing it.

My vote is pro m

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Hate to dig up and old thread, but I do have the C&L one... it's not currently on my car, as I was trying to chase down my smog issues, but all is better now.

Sell it and grab a Pro-M. Like I said, I have one and it's fine. But I've heard of others having problems :(

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
269 Posts
Liquidate that C&L, I have a C&L for sale if that tells you anything. Tried like hell to make it work too, wasted a lot of my time and a lot of my tuners time. Running a slot style meter now if you're curious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts