Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats goin on guys i recently bought a 91 lx 5.0 its basiclly stock im picking up a cobra upper and lower intake and some long tubes do i need a new throttle body and maf sensor?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stock cobra intake? no

·
Registered
377 Posts
You dont need one, but I'd put atleast a 65mm TB on it, along with a 75mm MAF.

The stock MAF on fox 5.0's are TINY.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
You dont need one, but I'd put atleast a 65mm TB on it, along with a 75mm MAF.

The stock MAF on fox 5.0's are TINY.
I agree with this.. at least upgrade the throttle body to a 65mm because the stocker is 52mm and the opening in the cobra upper is 65mm.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If your stock i would just run the 60 mm thats on it until you start modding IMO

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do u think it's worth it to go up 5mm on the tb for the price of a $250 tb
Do you think its worth it to put a Cobra intake on a car and restrict it with a smaller throttle body then the intake opening?

Dont look at it as only adding 5mm, look at as adding the right part to properly match your intake.

·
Registered
382 Posts
What year explorer and what do I hav to do to convert it

any 5.0 Explorer will have a 65mm TB. They vary some, but you will need to take the throttle crank off your stock TB and put it on the Explorer. Sometimes, the line that attaches to the oil fill in the valve cover is not there and must be drilled and put in it. Use the Explorer TPS and wire it up to a pig tail you cut off a Mustang TPS. I have instructions on this site in the tech docs section.

EECTuning.org • Index page

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
explorer parts are ftw with cash for clunkers throwing so many in the yards

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have a cobra intake on mine with a 70mm BBK throttle body and it works great but when I first bought my car I noticed that I have blue injectors on it and I read that they are 24 pound injectors I don't know if the owner before me knew it was a good idea to put 24 Ibs in to keep up with the air flow or if he did it to use it as an advantage

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I have a cobra intake on mine with a 70mm BBK throttle body and it works great but when I first bought my car I noticed that I have blue injectors on it and I read that they are 24 pound injectors I don't know if the owner before me knew it was a good idea to put 24 Ibs in to keep up with the air flow or if he did it to use it as an advantage
putting 24lb injectors on a stock car that has a cobra intake and 70mm tb is not the best thing and not needed. Stock injectors are good up to 280hp or so which your not making if that's all you have done plus these cars run better on the leaner side of things.

also some replacement 19lb injectors were dark blue in color fyi

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
putting 24lb injectors on a stock car that has a cobra intake and 70mm tb is not the best thing and not needed. Stock injectors are good up to 280hp or so which your not making if that's all you have done plus these cars run better on the leaner side of things.

also some replacement 19lb injectors were dark blue in color fyi
yea they are dark blue

1 - 20 of 24 Posts