Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought myself an 03 cobra last year and it ran perfectly fine, I let it sit for the winter and out of nowhere I start having issues in low end and start up performance, any ideas or need of information to help me narrow it down thanks

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

I've changed my spark plugs from motorcraft to Ngk iridium 9s after my tune if that may have caused the loss below 2k rpms and my battery randomly died to the point where it wouldn't hold a charge so I replaced it with an optima red top, if yo have any suggestions for me to look into I'll take it into account I've tried so much and now I'm stumped.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Clogged injectors or bad gas is where i would start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I went through several tanks of gas and as for the injectors, after I get over 2500 rpms i get full power again could that still be the case?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you need to have your alternator tested. If the alternator is bad those sypmtoms you are experiencing could be caused by it. Especially since you say your battery died out of nowhere. Whether it be old or not still get the alternator checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A failing alternator could cause a loss in power? I'll test that on my next day off along with the fuel injectors thanks guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the alternator tested and it's good didn't get to the fuel injectors yet but curious if anyone had any other ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts