Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well I am waiting for my Bama tune. When it gets here I will load it up any issues I will sort it out with AM / BAMA. If need be I might give Lund a try.

Hell I should get two 93 Octane tunes from both tuners. data log any issues out and dyno them I think on my intake only car the difference will be negligible.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Cheap **** throttle body
Cheap **** CAI
Cheap **** calibration

Results=unsatisfactory
Imagine that.
LOL. QFT

Only kinda? JLT products for the 2011+ are ****.
Agreed. My JLT catch can = ****. My JLT intake = complete ****. Never again.

"installation error JLT claims" So I guess I can install everything else in my car without an issue, but a simple intake is beyond my capability. Okayyy..

I keep hearing people bashing bama tunes.

some who I think probably have never had one on their car or for that matter have ever had their car tuned.

It's really unfortunate.
FWIW I've been there/done that. While I can't speak for the new crew, back in 2013 it was mediocre at best.

·
Registered
332 Posts
FWIW I've been there/done that. While I can't speak for the new crew, back in 2013 it was mediocre at best.
That is fair. But to pass judgement without ever having them tune your car.

Bama has tuned 2 2v cars for me.

One Auto and One 5 speed. The auto never shifted right ever however they spent 2 weeks trying to help me out and finally I told them it has to be the transmission. ( I sold the car and the new owner had to rebuilt the 4r70w because the clutches were shot, I never ran a tune with that car since it never shifted right. )

The 5 speed 2v car. went from chirping 1-2 to spinning and chirping 3rd and 4th. Thats enough for me.

This car... well still waiting. but the canned Diablosport tune I won't drive it with it total junk.

I understand a 2v is no coyote but what I am saying is I have had great service from them in the past and its enough for me to give them a shot.

·
It'll be bout tree fiddy
3,429 Posts
Jordang, I think most (if not all) folks have ridden the Bama train at one point or another.

I've been tempted to try out their new stuff because I am a tunes for life member. But, I just love my lund tune! Lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have no issue people bad mouth a bad product or part. Like roush axle backs had a rusting issue. Or JLT intakes on 11 to 14 mustangs are bad. Those parts either will be revised or have been ( roush mufflers have weep holes.)

But tunes can be revised and corrected hard parts can't. Software vs hardware.

And when some guy comes in here posting issues about his car and people effectively mock him for it because he didn't have the right tuner ( a site sponsor no less and a company who will go out of its way to help anyone. )

I feel that was inappropriate and I would be pissed if that was me asking for help or advice and was told I had a a **** tune **** throttle body and **** intake.

once the tune is figured out the guy will have a car well north of the 440 rwhp mark.

Come on guys it's not like he came in claiming his LS3 was low on power.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Tuning a 2v and tuning a 11+ is a totally different ball game.

JLT doesn't revise parts, or even admit there is even potentially an issue.

You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have no issue people bad mouth a bad product or part. Like roush axle backs had a rusting issue. Or JLT intakes on 11 to 14 mustangs are bad. Those parts either will be revised or have been ( roush mufflers have weep holes.)

And when some guy comes in here posting issues about his car and people effectively mock him for it because he didn't have the right tuner ( a site sponsor no less and a company who will go out of its way to help anyone. )

I feel that was inappropriate and I would be pissed if that was me asking for help or advice and was told I had a a **** tune **** throttle body and **** intake.

once the tune is figured out the guy will have a car well north of the 440 rwhp mark.

How about because there is horror story after horror story, and still is, for YEARS?

No different than all those cast "house brand" wheels, or Brand J CAI, or GT500 mufflers, etc. All of those sell for one reason, price. Usually you get what you pay for.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts

I get what you're saying. But hear me out for a moment.

All of us here are entitled to our opinions. There are some of us here that have founded our opinion on experience. Whether with a part, a company, hell even an option from Ford on our cars. There are a few that just read some stuff on a website and follow along with the others. But everyone has an opinion on things, and they are ALL allowed to express it.

Sure, some of us have a bit of fun. Some just tell it how it is.

Now if things get out of line, it's my job (and the rest of the staff) to get it back into line.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I wish I knew what was going on...

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Oh I see what about....Kind of a "sticky" situation huh?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Honestly I'm a little surprised Marc did sticky it and my intent was more geared towards the choice in parts rather the choice in tuners. The fact that the tuner is one of the least popular ones on the site just added to the fire. But regardless I stand by his original decision 100% and certainly can understand why the change back had to be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the CJ manifold and I am having issues too. Idle is near 1k rpm, sralling at high rpm... bama tune...jlt CAI... totally unsatisfied.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts