Modded Mustang Forums banner

Cobra Jet manifold tuning issues?

9K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  Unforgiven300 
#1 ·
Since I've swapped my manifold out for the CJ, my car has run pretty rough. It bounces like crazy at idle, especially during cold start, then when I'm cruising it surges/bounces just enough to make you go crazy. I'm working with BAMA to get it worked out, and with every revision it gets a little better. Just wondering if any of you guys have had similar issues that turned out to not to be tune related? I've checked all my lines for leaks, so it's not vacuum.

Here's a list of mods: CJ intake with twin 67mm TB from CFM, JLT CJ CAI, JBA long tubes with catted h, factory over axles, and flowmaster American thunders.

2014 GT, haven't gotten around to changing my sig and stuff.

#4 ·
Hey Punisher - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having here! Despite the CJ being a pretty heavy duty intake mani this is super basic for the Bama Team and I'd like to look into your logs personally with Paul - We just had Justin from Bama's '13 GT set up last week (Check out the video below) and I'm confident that they'll be able to get this sorted for you. Shoot me a PM with either your order number or your ticket number and I'll get on this right now for you!

Alex

#8 ·
Hey Punisher - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having here! Despite the CJ being a pretty heavy duty intake mani this is super basic for the Bama Team and I'd like to look into your logs personally with Paul - We just had Justin from Bama's '13 GT set up last week (Check out the video below) and I'm confident that they'll be able to get this sorted for you. Shoot me a PM with either your order number or your ticket number and I'll get on this right now for you!

Alex
Paul has my most recent logs. He's been awesome about working with me on it.
I just wondered if anyone had found the issue to be anything other than tune related, but it seems that it's just going to take a lot of back and forth with Revisions and logs, but we will get it ironed out. It doesn't help that I'm using a twin 67mm over the super CJ TB. I love the set up, just ready to get the power smoothed out.

#5 ·
Well I see the main problem but I'll keep my mouth shut. Definitely going to take some logs to get it set up right.

#11 ·
:lmao

I was waiting for someone to say it. Really though, you bought basically the bottom of the barrel supporting mods. That's why.

#21 ·
Well I am waiting for my Bama tune. When it gets here I will load it up any issues I will sort it out with AM / BAMA. If need be I might give Lund a try.

Hell I should get two 93 Octane tunes from both tuners. data log any issues out and dyno them I think on my intake only car the difference will be negligible.

#26 ·
I have no issue people bad mouth a bad product or part. Like roush axle backs had a rusting issue. Or JLT intakes on 11 to 14 mustangs are bad. Those parts either will be revised or have been ( roush mufflers have weep holes.)

But tunes can be revised and corrected hard parts can't. Software vs hardware.

And when some guy comes in here posting issues about his car and people effectively mock him for it because he didn't have the right tuner ( a site sponsor no less and a company who will go out of its way to help anyone. )

I feel that was inappropriate and I would be pissed if that was me asking for help or advice and was told I had a a **** tune **** throttle body and **** intake.

once the tune is figured out the guy will have a car well north of the 440 rwhp mark.

Come on guys it's not like he came in claiming his LS3 was low on power.

#28 ·
How about because there is horror story after horror story, and still is, for YEARS?

No different than all those cast "house brand" wheels, or Brand J CAI, or GT500 mufflers, etc. All of those sell for one reason, price. Usually you get what you pay for.

#27 ·
Tuning a 2v and tuning a 11+ is a totally different ball game.

JLT doesn't revise parts, or even admit there is even potentially an issue.

You get what you pay for.

#35 ·
I wish I knew what was going on...

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Oh I see what about....Kind of a "sticky" situation huh?

#37 ·
Honestly I'm a little surprised Marc did sticky it and my intent was more geared towards the choice in parts rather the choice in tuners. The fact that the tuner is one of the least popular ones on the site just added to the fire. But regardless I stand by his original decision 100% and certainly can understand why the change back had to be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.