Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a set of cobra pumps for my build :D Problem is I still don't really know what the hell the pprv is or does and he said it's already been deleted on these pumps. Is this going to be an issue when putting them in my gt? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nope thats a good thing. Deleting the PPRV free's up some duty cycle.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, glad to hear it lol. Thanks for the response man, always appreciate your input. Just another question, I'm sure I'll find out from them when I call but does anyone know if the standard rebuild from vortech includes new hardware? I'm missing two bolts from the housing which is why I ask.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
No problem man, glad I can help. The rebuild is usually bearings and seals. What bolts are you missing? I would just call them and ask

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard to say since I don't have it here to look at but it's either one or two bolts that go around the outer edge of the housing. Looks similar to the bolts for the bracket but not as long.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You could always just pick up some at Ace hardware. But if you want, call Vortech to see. I cant imagine there would be a charge, if so cant be much at all.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
it will start harder but just prime the pumps a couple times and it will start right up after a night of sititng

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it gonna start hard every time?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
no..like if you drive then eat dinner..you will be fine..but after a night i'd prime it...it not like a carb hard start lol just takin a little longer sometimes. Really I cant notice a difference

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah the only thing I do, its just habbit now I do it to every car, I turn the ignition on and off like 3 times, the last time I wait to hear the fuel pump kick on then start it up. And its fine. The only time you get hard start ups, or I did anyways, is when the car is at full operating temperature. Cold starts is no problem.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
mmm really? mine started great warm lol

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15