Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I was driving down the highway and passed a New Edge. As I was behind him getting closer, the first thing I noticed was that there was no solid rear axle. It was IRS so I knew it must be a Cobra (or someone spent a lot of money to was IRS into a GT :confused:). But, the back bumper said "Mustang" and not "Cobra"

I'm pretty sure the 96-98 Cobra's and Termi's said "Cobra" on the back. Did the 99-01 Cobra's say "Mustang" on the back bumper or did he switch his Cobra bumper for a GT bumper?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Lots of variables there, if he isn't original owner the previous owner could have had to have the rear bump replaced and body shop ordered incorrectly.

^^ Seen this done to two seperate cobra people.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
99's said Mustang.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
01 saying Cobra?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Yes 01 says COBRA, 99 is the only year with MUSTANG

·
Banned
267 Posts
Its not really that much money to put irs in a gt. Some 03 cobra owners will do direct trades with no money involved to trade their irs for a solid axle.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
the 99's do say mustang on the back. the only ones that actually dont say cobra, if I remember correctly. did the tails have amber turn signals?

·
Registered
360 Posts
03sonicboom where you live at in IN i live in kokomo and i need some people to run with cause most my friends like civics and **** and one friend likes american but id like to get together with more mustang enthusiast better for the apperance of my car than being seen with imports

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 99's do say mustang on the back. the only ones that actually dont say cobra, if I remember correctly. did the tails have amber turn signals?
Yeah, it had the amber in the tail lights and a Cobra front bumper. I do believe it was a Cobra (it didn't really sound like a 2V) but wasn't sure if they came w/ "Mustang" in the bumper. It just seemed illogical that Ford would go from "Cobra" in the 96-98, to "Mustang" on the New Edge Cobra's (but apparently it was just '99), then back to "Cobra" on the Termi's.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
99's got the short end of the stick :lol

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
99's got the short end of the stick :lol
Sadly :(

I'm trying to decide if I want to get an 01 bumper or a termi...My only problem is that the termi wont look complete unless I get the termi spoiler with it

So...I'll prolly go with an 01 lol

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
99s and 00 Cobra Rs had "Mustang" on the bumper cover. '99s because Ford didn't have the time to make the molds (supposedly) and it was that or GT; for the '00s it was because they used side-exhaust and the sixxer bumper cover was the only one that didn't have cutouts for exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ive got a 99 "Mustang" cobra lol

Kinda annoying people always giving me **** about it not being real..:(

·
Registered
641 Posts
ahh.. well I see the question has been answered 10 times over.. welp.. my work is done here..

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
:deadhorse

haha. sorry, REALLY wanted to use that at least once when I was here.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
:deadhorse

haha. sorry, REALLY wanted to use that at least once when I was here.
:nuts

Not relevant to the conversation, I just always wanted to ue that one.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Sadly :(

I'm trying to decide if I want to get an 01 bumper or a termi...My only problem is that the termi wont look complete unless I get the termi spoiler with it

So...I'll prolly go with an 01 lol
Go w/ the Termi. Hands down.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Im gonna stick with my "Mustang" that way unsuspecting GT owners will try me and fail :tomato

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Don't let AZ see this, but the 03/04 bumper is pure honey covered sticky sex! It is one of the main components of having the ultimate PIIHB cobra. You don't need the side skirts or anything else. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts