Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here's the deal. I wanna put dual exhaust on my car, but I don't like the way the exhaust just sticks out of the bottom of the stock bumper on my model ('95). I like cut-out for exhaust better. Just looks cleaner IMO.

So 1st question: is there any back bumper that looks good with the rest of the stock body that has cut-outs?

2nd: I like the front bumper for the Cobra R kit, (i'm iffy about the big lip in front though) but I can't find any pics of the side-skirts or back bumper of it. Does anyone know of/have any pics or know where to find them? I found this but to me it just looks like the Spider X-9 skirts and the Saleen s281 back bumper. rip-off?
eBay Motors: 94 95 96 97 98 FORD MUSTANG COBRA-R FULL BODY KIT ! NEW (item 350035360051 end time Mar-20-08 16:41:13 PDT)

thanks

·
Banned
808 Posts
dude seriously
i like the look and everything but are you really trying to add that heavy fiberglass
and then hit a bump and break it...
IMO the weight vs. the looks its just not worth it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude seriously
i like the look and everything but are you really trying to add that heavy fiberglass
and then hit a bump and break it...
IMO the weight vs. the looks its just not worth it
I was worried about that too. Especially with all the speed bumps here at USF. Is it really that low or are the cars in the pics lowered a bit? If I get it, I wouldn't lower my car.

·
Registered
347 Posts
it is a lot lower than you think. but ive gone to USF a couple of times and i havent had any problems around campus so you should be fine. I just wouldnt get the fiberglass bumper get the polyurtherene one cuz it'll be stronger.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is a lot lower than you think. but ive gone to USF a couple of times and i havent had any problems around campus so you should be fine. I just wouldnt get the fiberglass bumper get the polyurtherene one cuz it'll be stronger.
yeah, I wasn't gonna get fiberglass.
Any back bumpers that wouldn't require me to get whole kit?
Pics?

·
Banned
808 Posts

1+

·
Registered
347 Posts
as far as back bumpers i would so get a V6 bumper or try to find a roush bumper. its basically the same thing. i still have the stock gt exhaust out back. im saving up for the side exhaust and bunmper

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the Cobra R doesn't come as a full kit? I already have a V6 bumper. My car is a V6. I just don't like how the exhaust stick out of the bottom of the stock bumpers for my body style. I want something w/ cut-outs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
r u talking about cut outs like the GTs bumpers have with them out back or side fenders with cuts for side exhaust

·
Banned
808 Posts
mine has a gt bumper :]

·
Registered
154 Posts
a cobra r has a v6 rear bumper and side exit exhuast. the only thing to the cobra r kit is a hood, spoiler and front bumper

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I want a bumper w/ cutouts like the gt 99-04 bumpers. But the 94-98's don't have that. I didn't know the cobra r had side exhaust.

Are there any rear bumpers that have those cutouts that look good with the stock bodykit an wouldn't require me to get a full bodykit?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
347 Posts
i dont really understand. so i'll just post some pics of mine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok. cobra r, thanks for the pics. I want your back bumper. Like the stock gt ones for you body style, but for my body style (94-98) the rear gt bumpers are the same as the v6 except it says 'gt'. For those, the exhaust just sticks out at an angle from under the bumper.

Are there any rear bumpers that have those cutouts (like the 99-04 gt) that look good with the stock bodykit an wouldn't require me to get a full bodykit?

·
Registered
347 Posts
i dunno. i'll try to find out if you dont find it first.

·
Banned
808 Posts
look at the saleen rear bumper
they might have the cut outs
i know some v6ers had someone professionaly cut out the lips on their bumpers for their exhaust
BUT the only problem here is it dosent look AS good and then you would need to either have your exhaust re-hung (not too pricey maybe 80-100$ it all depends on where you have it done) or get a gt exhaust for your year..

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Have you thought of a 99-04 GT bumper? I am fairly certain it would fit, as not much was changed, only the sheat metal and bumper covers, lights, and a few other odds and ends for the exterior. The 99-04 GT cover does go deeper than the 94-98, so the cutouts were required to keep the exhast the same.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
emgjsdk1: thanks for the advice. I'll look into the custom cut lips. But, I'm not too crazy about the slits in the side of the saleen bumper. Thanks tho!

Bullitt2445: I actually have thought of a 99-04 GT bumper but I'm not sure how that would look w/ the rest of the car stock. The 94-98s have more curves to them, while the 99-04s have more angles to them. Have you seen this done? Does it look good? pics?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Not seen it done, but I do have an idea that may not cost anything. Go to your local salvage yard and see if the have a damaged 99-04 GT bumper they can part with either free or almost free. Then take your bumper off and put on the partial (or the good part) of the wrecked bumper and see waht you think. If you don't like it all you would be out would be a little elbow greese and practice removing/reinstalling your rear bumper (it's not that hard, just time consuming). If you do like the look, then you can find one that is in good shape.

·
Banned
808 Posts
no prob.
its just that we dont need all that extra weight on our cars lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts