Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Hey I have been trying to find a thread about installation of these into an s197. I'm tired of seeing that wire on my dashboard. I think I saw emay with his radar detector hardwired if I'm not mistaking. Does anyone know of have any info?

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts
Mr. May don't run no stinking detector

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure? I might be wrong but I know I saw someone with a setup like that and it looked like Emay's. But anyway someone here has to know how to.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
are you talking about making the detector IN-DASH or how to hook it up hidden?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It's so easy I forgot how to do it.

Just cut the cable and run it to the fuse box to a keyed on fuse with an add a fuse.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you can do that but Im not sure if they do it but just watch out as some companies at the cig adapter convert it from 12 volts down to like 5 volts so you may want to check to see that it is 12 volts all the way through and not 12 in and 5 out.

you can do the add a fuse but if you want to go somewhere else I can provide you with wire colors and locations if you need.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can do that but Im not sure if they do it but just watch out as some companies at the cig adapter convert it from 12 volts down to like 5 volts so you may want to check to see that it is 12 volts all the way through and not 12 in and 5 out.

you can do the add a fuse but if you want to go somewhere else I can provide you with wire colors and locations if you need.
That sounds great! Well I'm at the right kick panel fuse box and I also have the kit shown above. I was trying to connect it to a wire that is hot only when the vehicle is on. Any idea?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's so easy I forgot how to do it.

Just cut the cable and run it to the fuse box to a keyed on fuse with an add a fuse.
Oh that's right nastystang! Sorry I confused you with Emay lol. That's what I'm trying to do. I was trying to find the wire that feeds the fuse for the radio. Cause the kit brings a fuse already.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
i would try the one for the radio, as you mentioned, you could check your users manual for location if you want to go to the fuse. if you want to go to the radio's ignition wire behind the radio:
Accesory GRAY/YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BLACK/ORANGE (-) RADIO HARNESS

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would try the one for the radio, as you mentioned, you could check your users manual for location
I am actually there. The right kick panel and the fuses are exposed. Just don't know where to hook up the hot wire. Cause I want to connect it to the wire that feeds the fuse #20 which is for the radio.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
do you have access to a multi meter? if not then just go directly to the fuse as you would have to test and hunt for that wire in those bundles. there is about 5 or 6 plugs with 15- 56 wires going into them.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i would try the one for the radio, as you mentioned, you could check your users manual for location if you want to go to the fuse. if you want to go to the radio's ignition wire behind the radio:
Accesory GRAY/YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BLACK/ORANGE (-) RADIO HARNESS
OIC is this Gray/Yellow for the fuse #20? I just don't want to piss off the computer by pulling power from where I shouldn't lol

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you have access to a multi meter? if not then just go directly to the fuse as you would have to test and hunt for that wire in those bundles. there is about 5 or 6 plugs with 15- 56 wires going into them.
:eek:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yes, but please make sure you test this wire before you acutally tap into it and draw power from it. There may be several of those same colored wires in there so you would have to test it.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah there are alot of wires in that SJB. some just have 15 while others may have about 50 or so.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah there are alot of wires in that SJB. some just have 15 while others may have about 50 or so.
Holy Crap gimme some time I'm gonna be there for a while trying them out. At least I have a 12v tester.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright guys can't find a safe place to get safe hot wire

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Going to Autozone to get a MINI blade fuse tap. Will show pics later.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
easiest way

1 - 20 of 63 Posts