Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well as some know i had a 98 cobra.... had, meaning this happened.:mad:

and i have this

so yea i have a long way to go.. first with taking everything out, and getting all the mess in it out.... can you say for sale thread!?!?!?

so none the less i have everything to do this swap, so im just building a track car for now.

might even drop the EFI and go massive holley double pumper:p.. idk.. well only see what happens...

first thing that are on the list.

_prep the fox
_pull and complete rebuild on the 4.6. stroke, bore, and other things i can't explain:p
_take out the cobra k-member and R&R the fox's.
_take it from there. :D

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Nice! Let me know how it goes, I have been looking for a junked cobra forever! No luck so far

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ just suscribe and you'll see!!

oh kay so i got the harness out the way in the bay,

now to clean up the doors. :)

took the panel off and im guna cut all the guts out.

now what sucks about this, is im doin this at my house... annddddd all my tools are at my shop. i couldnt stop there for today so i took the hvac out and also the instrument braket out. (whatever its called)

and then i started cuttin away with my dremel.... verrryyy slooooowwwwwlllyy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had to take the pics with my camera phone so excuse the quality.

the dremel wont do the whole door so i just cut enough for me to get into the door lock. im going to make the door open through the unlock stick instead. then i can shave the door handles!:D

and a pic of the "dash"

soo tomarrow after work i will get to cuttin the rest of the passanger door off. well see.:)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Wow that car is actually in really good shape! Good luck man

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that car is actually in really good shape! Good luck man
thanks! an yea its (imo) in better shape than any 5-600$$ can get you. especially when i got it for free!!:p

when i get home im cuttin both doors off.. and what im thinkin, is if anybody is in the area they can take everything inside the car for $200, so go look at my FS thread and take a look at it.

·
KaLiKo Street
94 Posts
You taking the computer and everything out of the cobra and putting it in? I thought about doing this but then I started thinking about the wiring harness and computer and radiator fitting etc... Good luck tho, be worth it when its finished.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you shave the door handles you prob wont be able to run it at a track
:confused: i never thought about that..... hmmm.... well this blows:mad:

i shuttered when i saw all that wiring. the swap is gonna be sweet though
:yes

Looks like a long good project. To bad summer is around the corner. You think it will be done by then?
well the motor will be built i know that. umm.. depending on the whole fitment process i guess... i have to def get a custom DS. but as for everything else.....:confused: i think it should be done by then.

You taking the computer and everything out of the cobra and putting it in? I thought about doing this but then I started thinking about the wiring harness and computer and radiator fitting etc... Good luck tho, be worth it when its finished.
no. geting a single plane intake, holley DP, MSD ****, port and polish the heads, springs.;), and ummm.... yea... CAMS! also some things that cannot be discused. :D

as for process tonight... its not lookin so good. i have to get up in the morning to get me a lil commuter for 500... has a blown gasket, striped head bolt. oh yea, and its a acura.:eek: lol fuqk et!:tomato

just need a commuter car.. anyways im hittin the bed. process to be done soon!

spoolin

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok well i put in work tonight.... here we go

took out the door lock. and "worked" it so i can open the door from the lock lever

and after

now all i gota do is push down and wha la! it will open!

ok and so now its time to cut. little brother....

say hello to my 'LIL FREN!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
little guy cuttin.

'LIL FREN cuttin

Gettin there

I see you window! oh and FYI if you want to take a window out. roll it down before you cut the power off.:sorry (yea first time'R)

GOT IT DOWN!!!!:p

drop it low gurl!!! :D

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
pretty sweet dude. i'm guessing that color was BAB. sucks, i love my BAB car :) but looks like alot of fun. there's a local guy running a b-headed 4v in his coupe and it's pretty awesome.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts