Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
they are different the termi tanks have 2 pumps and the tank is sumped so you don't have to worry about fuel not getting to the pumps on heavy accel or turns.

Reactions: dcook_14

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
yeah, i think that was it sumped vs. non-sumped. wraitherlx you're getting reps for backing me up and having a damn nice avatar :)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah, i think that was it sumped vs. non-sumped. wraitherlx you're getting reps for backing me up and having a damn nice avatar :)
thanks and :lol, oh and thanks for my 6th block back at you with the rep

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
You need a 03-04 cobra tank and pumps. The swap is super easy, it just bolts right in.

Cobra tank with sump

GT tank

The hardest part is swapping the blue plug things. They were in there good on my tank, but i did it without damaging them at all. It takes about 1hr.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
great post Joe, reps for the picture differences

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
lol.. you cant even tell the diff.. but ur gonna want too do the swap.. going lean under heavy accel sucks!

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay lets say that i want to do this as cheaply as possible.. can i fit 2 pumps in the gt tank with modification? the ford gt pump with bap is pegged

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yes.. many ppl on this site has done so

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
what are the minimum parts i need? can i just get another gt pump and wire it in with some kind of y connection to hook them together? can i wire 2 different pumps together say a focus pump and a gt pump? i know thats weird but just wondering

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
are u tlking about the the stock gt pumps?? or the ford gt pumps?

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I would use the same pumps. Get the gates hose that is something like $5 a foot. I forget the model number, but regular fuel hose is not rated to be submersed. It has to be high pressure fuel injection hose too. Get a brass or SS Y fitting, hose clamps, etc, and solder and heat shrink the connections. Eliminate the PPRV too if you have not already. If you do not go with the sumped tank, never let it go below about 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would use the same pumps. Get the gates hose that is something like $5 a foot. I forget the model number, but regular fuel hose is not rated to be submersed. It has to be high pressure fuel injection hose too. Get a brass or SS Y fitting, hose clamps, etc, and solder and heat shrink the connections. Eliminate the PPRV too if you have not already. If you do not go with the sumped tank, never let it go below about 1/4 tank.
okay and do both pumps fit in the stock gt basket? how much will dual cobra pumps flow vs a ford gt? what would happen if i used different pumps?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the 03/04 cobra pumps flow like 390 i believe.. i dunno about the gt pumps

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
You don't need the tank, just the sending unit/pump assy. The tanks are the same.
wrong, tanks are different.

okay lets say that i want to do this as cheaply as possible.. can i fit 2 pumps in the gt tank with modification? the ford gt pump with bap is pegged
yes, but i still say something is wrong with your set up.

Get the gates hose that is something like $5 a foot.
$5 a ft??? where at? i pay $30 a ft for the submersable hose.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
There are at least a couple of "how-to's" articles floating around the internet regarding the installation of the 03/04 cobra fuel tank and dual pumps.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts