Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a 99 cobra with a 03 cobra motor, recently went on leave for 3 weeks and let the cobra sit. Battery was dead when I came home so I jumped it. Now the car will start but will die immediately after firing up.

If I give it a decent amount of gas it'll stay running but will misfire the whole time. Seems to clear up a little after 2k

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
892 Posts
New Battery. And get Alt. tested for free at autozone or where ever.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery is good and charged, I'm trying to find my other key to try it

·
Registered
419 Posts
If it stays running while you give it gas, it's not a PATs issue. PATS would shut it down within 2 seconds or so.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a 99 cobra with a 03 cobra motor, recently went on leave for 3 weeks and let the cobra sit. Battery was dead when I came home so I jumped it. Now the car will start but will die immediately after firing up.

If I give it a decent amount of gas it'll stay running but will misfire the whole time. Seems to clear up a little after 2k

Thanks

After it dies, does it have enough juice to crank again?

Do you have any codes?

How do your COPs and spark plugs look?

How has the weather been? Has it been damp or rainy?
I'm wondering if you might have moisture that's hindering your spark. After I let mine sit for a few damp weeks she sputtered and misfired like crazy at low RPM until she warmed up and evaporated any moisture.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it will keep cranking and firing. I'm getting ready to pull the plugs out today and test fuel pressure

I unplugged an injector at a time and it made no difference in how it ran. So it's either not enough fuel or its a spark issue. Or the MAF is going funny.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also I don't know about codes. Ill have to rent a scanner and check

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the pump is at least working, i unplugged the fuel pump and then it just wont crank so i doubt its the fuel pump, cant get the car to a scanner and im out of time to check the spark plugs but im guessing that will all be good

·
Registered
932 Posts
my buddies truck would ideal rough and then die when he gave it more gas it turned out to be the fuel pump

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got an update. Key on and the CCRM buzzes like crazy. Thinking bad CCRM or bad grounds

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've look around much as I could so far. Ill keep checking. I'm going to see what the ford place can do to test the ccrm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts