Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
shoot on with the questions....i just did the conversion...whole front clip here...you need to get the cobra header pannel also...well, you dont have to but it will make everything fit better... all my parts are from ford, but mustangsunlimited has it too...shipping is a bitch though...

·
Registered
682 Posts
shoot on with the questions....i just did the conversion...whole front clip here...you need to get the cobra header pannel also...well, you dont have to but it will make everything fit better... all my parts are from ford, but mustangsunlimited has it too...shipping is a bitch though...
Did you perform the install yourself? There is only one header panel for both the GT and the Cobra. I performed my own install and I thought the same thing. But when I went to Ford, they stated that there was only one header panel that it fits both the GT and the Cobra. I then called Galpin Ford and they told me the same thing. I had to modify the two front bumper horns that double for the grill surround at their mounting points. I had shave off the raised area at the mount and then come back with some fiberglass to give it some more strength on the bottom side of the bumper. The idea was to lower the mounting points onto the header panel so the hood won't hit it. I suppose you could modify the header panel rather than the bumper, but unless you buy the Cobra Hood, you will have to modify one or the other. I also dry fitted mine twice before I had it painted. Hope this helps.
Here's a pic of my install:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts