Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded a 97 Honda for a 2002 Ford Mustang,replaced some fenders and it was great for a week except when it came time to fuel up.then I got these codes listed in title. evap leak and bad cat or 02 sensor.Can either of these codes cause a filling problem.it shuts off like it’s a full tank and it’s constant I’m getting 20 cents in per squeeze before it shuts off.I’ve googled different ways to bypass this issue and none work.rotate pump and it has a new filler tube.I’ve tried different gas stations and to no avail.would be nice to fill up the tank in under 45 mins.any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like some sort of obstruction. The filler tube on my 01 Cobra rusted out so I had to replace it. IIRC, it was a major hassle. Since the tube was rusted it didn't seal to atmosphere so I was getting codes too (don't recall which). Perhaps the installer of your tube kinked it or something or there is another issue causing an obstruction.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If the evap can has gasoline in it (probably from overfilling the tank), it can cause issues with filling the tank.

Some guys have said that if you turn the nozzle upside down, it fills. Worth a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts