Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went to the store a good 10min drive, drove there so my car could relearn itself ( i had disconnected the battery) and it was fine parked went in bought my stuff turned on the car n bamm cel light come on. pulled the code n p0453 Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor High Input, what can cause this?

i havent touched the tank or filled up yet either

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
NOTE:
FTP sensor input with no pressure or vacuum on fuel tank (fuel filler cap open or not open to atmosphere) should be 2.37-2.97 volts.

33) DTC P0453: Check FTP Sensor Voltage
Turn ignition switch to ON position. Using scan tool, select FTP V PID. If FTP V PID is not available on scan tool, measure voltage between PCM connector terminals for FTP and SIG RTN circuits. See Fig. 117 and Fig. 118 . If measured voltage or PID voltage is more than 4.5 volts, go to next step. If voltage is 4.5 volts or less, fault is intermittent. Go to TEST Z.

34) Check For Short To Power
Turn ignition switch to OFF position. Disconnect FTP sensor connector, located on top of fuel tank. Turn ignition switch to ON position. Measure voltage between FTP terminal at FTP sensor harness connector and negative battery terminal. If voltage is 10.5 volts or less, go to step 36). If voltage is more than 10.5 volts, a short to VPWR exists. Go to next step.

35) Check FTP Circuit For Short To VPWR Circuit
Turn ignition switch to OFF position. Disconnect PCM connector(s). Inspect connector for loose, damaged or corroded terminals. Turn ignition switch to ON position. Measure voltage between PCM connector FTP circuit terminal and negative battery terminal. If voltage is more than 10.5 volts, repair short circuit. If voltage is 10.5 volts or less, replace PCM. See appropriate REMOVAL, OVERHAUL & INSTALLATION article. Program PCM. See FLASH VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION BLOCK PROCEDURE.

36) Check Opposite Induced Low FTP Signal
Turn ignition switch to OFF position. Connect a jumper wire between SIG RTN and FTP terminals at FTP sensor harness connector. Turn ignition switch to ON position. If scan tool communication link error is displayed, remove jumper wire and go to step 41). Using scan tool, select FTP V PID. If FTP V PID is not available on scan tool, measure voltage between PCM connector terminals for FTP and SIG RTN circuits. See Fig. 117 and Fig. 118 . If PID voltage is less than .1 volt, remove jumper wire and go to next step. If PID voltage is .1 volt or more, unable to induce opposite signal. Go to step 39).

37) Check Voltage At FTP Sensor Connector
Ensure ignition switch is in ON position. Measure voltage between VREF and SIG RTN terminals at FTP sensor harness connector. If voltage is 4-6 volts, go to next step. If voltage is not 4-6 volts, VREF voltage is out of range. Go to TEST C.

38) Check FTP Circuit For Short To VREF In Sensor Or Harness
Turn ignition switch to OFF position. Disconnect PCM connector(s). Inspect connector for loose, damaged or corroded terminals. Repair as necessary. Using a DVOM, measure voltage between PCM harness connector FTP and VREF circuit terminals (both VREF terminals on 150-pin PCM). See WIRING DIAGRAMS article. If resistance is more than 10 k/ohms, replace FTP sensor. If resistance is 10 k/ohms or less, repair short to VREF in FTP circuit.

39) Check For Open FTP Circuit
Turn ignition switch to OFF position. Disconnect PCM connector(s). Inspect connector for loose, damaged or corroded terminals. Repair as necessary. Measure resistance of FTP circuit between PCM connector terminal and FTP terminal at FTP sensor harness connector. If resistance is less than 5 ohms, go to next step. If resistance is 5 ohms or more, repair open in FTP circuit.

40) Check For Open SIG RTN Circuit
Measure resistance SIG RTN circuit between PCM connector terminal and SIG RTN terminal at FTP sensor harness connector. See Fig. 117 and Fig. 118 . If resistance is less than 5 ohms, go to next step. If resistance is 5 ohms or more, repair open in SIG RTN circuit.

41) Check FTP Circuit For Short To VREF Circuit
Measure resistance between PCM connector terminals FTP and VREF circuits. If resistance is more than 10 k/ohms, replace PCM. See appropriate REMOVAL, OVERHAUL & INSTALLATION article. Program PCM. See FLASH VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION BLOCK PROCEDURE. If resistance is 10 k/ohms or less, repair FTP circuit short to VREF circuit.

From the service manual, hopefully this helps a little bit. I can't get wiring diagrams to transfer over though..

Not sure what you did to your PCM but check over all of the wires in the area you messed with to make sure you didn't damage any and that all wires are securely in the PCM connector.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what you did to your PCM but check over all of the wires in the area you messed with to make sure you didn't damage any and that all wires are securely in the PCM connector.
what i did to my pcm was disconnect my raptor shift light, i didnt pull any wires since they were snap on connections

1 - 7 of 7 Posts