Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Thanks, pepes, but I certainly DON'T know it all and limited on spring/strut/shock info. Will pass along what I can, but first head to the Official Suspension Guide by our own ModMustang97GT for some good info.

I ran a set of 300# (f) and still run 200# (r) with Koni Yellows and was a good combo for street. I cannot speak to 1/4 mile use, but sure it would have been much too soft for AX. The ride was quiet comparable to the Saleen set-up prior to this one and was an improvement on rougher roads. Depending on the type of roads you have in your area, you may consider a stiffer set as I had lots of body roll and a fair amount of understeer this route. I didn't start AX untill after I went SLA up front, so cannot speak to the above with VERY aggressive driving. I still run the 200# CO's out back, but now run a MUCH heavier rear sway bar as I have stiffened up the front a bit. This did wonders for my understeer, so it is safe to say, that although nice ride and comfortable, the 300#/200# set-up is not going to be good for much more than the street.

Hopefully, The Good Reverend will chime in and add a bit more :D

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I see alot of 350/215 that they recommend for "Spirited Driving". Its fairly stiff, but not too rediculous. I have not driven this stance though, so I can't speak to the understear/overstear characteristicks though. If you don't mind a Rough ride, I would suggest something in the area of a 410/275. Its REALLY aggressive, but about as good as you can get. You will need some special shocks though. Koni Yellows or custom valved Bilsteins.

I would definitely contact Maximum Motorsports regarding the question though. They will give you a good match up that will work well. And they have driven most set ups, so they will have info I unfortunately do not. :(

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all
and ive talked to jazzer about it before. i just wanted to see what others were running.
im probabbly going to run a pretty aggressive set . 10k front 9k rear... ok.. so really aggresive set but im stupid silly like that :D

just tryin to see what others are riding though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.