Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my front dumped again now that I have a better driveway situation. Whenever I turn left or right even right now with my car sitting pretty high, my drivers side front tire rubs on that annoying little "bump out" as we shall call it on the inner fender well.

What have you guys all done to ensure that you don't rub with your car dumped in the front? I was thinking about just taking a dremel and cutting that little notch out. But what purpose to those black plastic inner fender wells provide? Aren't they just for like protection from road debris to the motor?

Any guidance appreciated.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
They keep the dirt front killing your door jam too, I still have to put in my drivers side one and the amount of crud in the door is crazy. You could cut a hole I suppose.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I would just like to trim that little bump out. I could cut it out and possibly just screw a plate into place that's doesn't protrude down like the bump does. That way it wond rub when I crank the wheel.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
But what purpose to those black plastic inner fender wells provide? Aren't they just for like protection from road debris to the motor?

Any guidance appreciated.
without them, the under side of your fenders will get pounded with rocks and debris, the tops of the fenders will look like they got shot with a 12g after time

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes complete sense. I think I will just trim that little piece and find a way to re cover it with something flat.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Pics? Seems like you could just cut out the spot where it is hitting. weird though, my stance does not rub

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Every Mustang is totally different in my opinion. Fitment wise. But the hole will work. Have you seen how far it needs to move?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I just know that if I were to take my Dremel and simply cut the bump out, it would solve my problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts