Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of my coils go out yesterday. As soon as it did the A/C quit working too. Is this normal? I figured it was some kind of safety thing.:confused:

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
its not really a problem that has come up...i haven't heard of this happening to our cars yet..

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
we know....... we all know...... we just don't want you to know.... its a conspiracy ......

j/k... this is the first I heard and I thought I've heard it all.... so you replaced the coil pack and your AC is working again?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It may be the unicorns! I see them around my house all the time. It just suprized me that no one here has come across it, there are some very knowlegable people here. I will post the problem when I find out.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so the tech said when there is a problem it goes into limp mode and shuts down unneeded stuff so that's why the a/c didn't work. Now the crazy part the problem was the clamp on the heater hose was rubbing on the wire feeding the coil and shorted it out. New coil and a little tape and it's as good as new.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
nice. good it was a small fix. thats cool that it shuts doen unneeded parts. kinda like the human body lol

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
well I guess it really wasn't the coil pack that went bad... and this is why nobody knew about the problem... good to know it was an easy fix...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I guess it really wasn't the coil pack that went bad... and this is why nobody knew about the problem... good to know it was an easy fix...
Yea I was a little worried that it went out so early. My car only has 12000 miles on it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ok so the tech said when there is a problem it goes into limp mode and shuts down unneeded stuff so that's why the a/c didn't work. Now the crazy part the problem was the clamp on the heater hose was rubbing on the wire feeding the coil and shorted it out. New coil and a little tape and it's as good as new.
I was running my car hard last night and noticed the A/C stopped (appeared on, but air got warm) while running high rpm for a while.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
not related problem.... he was in limp mode due to an eletrical short... if your car was running fine then you have AC issues..maybe?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts