Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend with a 2005 mustang saleen coils keep misfiring does anyone has this problem if so what should i do???????? please help really emberasing when im racing someone its like running a 4 cylinder kinda like a v tech lol ????? please help

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
pull the plugs and see if any look like this

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
Can we get a sticky made about gapping these goddamn plugs? While we're at it we could make one about tire sizes and supercharger pulley sizes, post a wiring diagram...then no one would ever have a question to ask on here again!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well today were gonna check things out. we'll pull the plugs and see how they are. as far as it being tuned...he doesn't have any performance mods except for what came with the car and i think maybe new headers. this happens when he's racing or when were just cruising at like 80ish mph, 4 will start misfiring so we'll shut the car off wait like 2 seconds turn it back and and everything is fine...could it maybe be the computer?

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
If you have an Ohm meter, you can check the resistance acorss all 3 points on the coil packs...if you have one that doesn't match the others, then it may be bad...I can't remember off the top of my head what mine ohmed out at, it was like 14-something...did he get a tune for his headers? If not, it may be running lean and the misfire may actually be detonation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts